Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WiiRadio

Posted by Big_Bang_Theory 
WiiRadio
August 30, 2008 10:59AM
I'm surprised there hasn't been some sort of implementation of internet radio (shoutcast, icecast, etc) into the multiple wiibrew media apps currently available. Any guesses why besides coding reasons?
Re: WiiRadio
August 30, 2008 11:03AM
I don't have a wii but isn't there a web browser? You could just go to sites that host the radio streams an access them that way.
August 30, 2008 11:30AM
True... and I have done that, but I was just curious why we haven't seen anything implemented for streaming into wiibrew programs such as dragon media player. I know the Mplayerwii app has been testing streaming capabilities but nothing worth while. It just seems like its something other homebrew consoles (in time) have see many of those apps (xbox, xbmc, PSP.)
August 31, 2008 12:06AM
The Mplayer version that's supposed to play youtube videos (found on the HBB) randomly has two internet radio stations on its default playlist. They work perfectly fine. The youtube playing part ironically doesn't seem work for me :P, but I tend to use it if I'm bored and want to listen to that radio.
August 31, 2008 01:18AM
Actually I think that GeeXbox supports this but because linux doesn't support wi-fi you need a usb ethernet adapter.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login