Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii unable to update – any advice on how to fix it?

Posted by accidental 
Wii unable to update – any advice on how to fix it?
April 13, 2009 11:01PM
Hey all,
So I've been using the HBC for about 6 months or so now, and I am one of the few whose shop channel got trapped in another region during the update late last year (for using AnyRegion Changer when I updated).

My problem is that, for the last few Wii updates, I've attempted to download the update via the usual Wii System Menu method. The Wii connects, searches for the update then pops up the dialog saying "there are no updates available, as you already have the latest version" which I don't.

Something has gone wrong along the way, that has made it impossible for me to update my Wii as it always thinks I've got the latest version.

Do any of you have any advice as to what I could do to fix this?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Re: Wii unable to update – any advice on how to fix it?
April 14, 2009 07:29PM
You could try WiiSCU. Don't know if or how it works, never used it.
April 14, 2009 09:54PM
I actually used that yesterday, but my actual system menu didn't update. I read that it's supposed to bring you up to 4.0 but there has been no change for me.
April 14, 2009 10:03PM
WiiSCU won't update the System Menu, you'll have to find another way... I suppose you could grab the update from Nintendo's server and install it manually
April 14, 2009 10:36PM
I've been trying Firmware Updater 4.0 which is supposed to grab the updates from N's server – but it screws up half way through on IOS55.
Is there any other way to get the update from N's server, as you suggest?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2009 10:37PM by accidental.
April 15, 2009 03:21AM
you can use this to get the update: [wiibrew.org]
and then install the WADs with WAD Manager [and this is legal] (you'll have to search for it yourself though)
April 15, 2009 04:41AM
I haven't even been able to use WAD Manager or WAD Installer without errors! Are there any other ways of installing WADS without using Mr. W's apps?
April 15, 2009 04:46AM
The errors are most likely from trying to install fake-signed WADs without a fake-signable IOS (I'm not going to question about that..) but I'd say it's worth a try.
Well, actually I'm not sure how the NUS updater works/packs the WADs, so it may not install them (if they get fake-signed)...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login