Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to Make Wii Region Free

Posted by Yoloni 
How to Make Wii Region Free
September 01, 2008 06:33AM
I bought an American Wii when I was in the U.S., but I moved to Japan, and I'll never come back to the U.S., so I want my Wii to play Japanese games. I have two options right now to boot Japanese games. One is using the Freeloader (I'm still on V3.2U) and the other is using GeckoOS. I know I'll have to update later on, so I won't be able to use Freeloader. I have to load GeckoOS from the Twilight Hack everytime, so I don't really like that either.

So what I want to do is make the Wii's interface in Japanese (All the channels, and the keyboard.), make the Wii play both American and Japanese games (I have bought about 10 American Wii games, and I still play them.), and make my Wii play both American and Japanese virtual console games.

So what should I do?
Re: How to Make Wii Region Free
September 01, 2008 01:10PM
Search for starfall on wiibrew. Its a system menu replacement that makes the wii regon free for both GC and Wii games, that should do the job for you.
September 02, 2008 01:37PM
Will it play both Japanese and American virtual console games? I have about 5 American virtual consolegames that I bought when I was in America, but now I will just download the Japanese virtual console games, but I will still want to play the games I bought in the American Wii Shopping Channel. Also, will it change all the channels to the Japanese one's?
September 09, 2008 06:40AM
I think Starfall should be able to do this, but if not, you can switch between regions with tona's AnyRegion Changer, if you're careful.
September 15, 2008 09:32PM
Starfall does that without a problem. It will not mess up your channels, and you will only need to use it once. All the changes can be reversed with the same ease if you (for some reason) want to do it. Don't be afraid to use it, it's a very usefull software.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login