Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What do I need to use SDHC cards?

Posted by Rizaria 
What do I need to use SDHC cards?
May 18, 2009 03:42AM
Alrighty then. Finally got past the whole issue with getting GH songs..discovered WiiSCU today and installed IOS61 plus updated the Wii Shop Channel. 'Twas just dandy...until I'd downloaded about 6 songs then BAM. Apparently my 2GB SD can't hold them anymore. Cleaned off some useless crap, but to no avail.

So obviously, I should get a bigger SD card and probably keep it just for GH. I know that the way Nintendo's made the support possible is gonna wear out the NAND quicker or whatever...but oh well, it's not like I use it constantly anyways I guess.

Sooo...do I need to install another IOS or do I have to fully update to Wii System Menu 4.0 to use larger SD cards?
Re: What do I need to use SDHC cards?
May 18, 2009 12:31PM
The HBC supports SDHC cards as of 1.0.1
May 19, 2009 02:10AM
I mean the Wii as a whole, I need it for GH as stated above, not homebrew. Don't use THAT much homebrew. xD But I'm anticipating more GH songs to download.
May 19, 2009 10:48PM
If the game itself uses SD card access, be aware that SDHC support is per-game. I know that SSBB doesn't have SDHC support for example. So you'd have to check on the support for that particular game.
May 21, 2009 08:00AM
Wow...just as well you mentioned that. Looked it up and it seems GH doesn't support them. That...is...really stupid. Guess I hafta split downloadable tracks over multiple 2GB SD Cards. So poor...

Again, it all comes back to Nintendo saying their users don't need much room on their Wiis nor even external drives to make up for it. Grah. It has only now presented itself as a problem to me.

Oh well..thanks for the help, Tantric.
May 21, 2009 08:06AM
You could store some tracks on your computer and FTPii them over when you want to use them.
May 21, 2009 08:40AM
agoaj
You could store some tracks on your computer and FTPii them over when you want to use them.

It'd probably be quicker for me to just swap SD cards. Even with my MacBook by my side, it'd be quicker to do so than either edit my SD card or send stuff over via FTPii methinks.

An interesting idea nonetheless though. Have yet to try that program anyways.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login