Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Punch-Out!! Plus Another Dumb Question

Posted by DonSilvestre 
Punch-Out!! Plus Another Dumb Question
May 19, 2009 04:27AM
Couple things -

Just ordered Punch-Out!! online, the only game on Wii I foresee myself wanting to play in the next year. As soon as I payed for it online I realized that it will likely come with an on disc update to take my 3.4 wii to 4.0. I obviously don't want that to happen. I'm assuming there's no way (outside of starfall) to bypass this update correct? I have HBC on my Wii already (again 3.4), but not feeling quite brave enough to do the bootmii beta quite yet - I'd prefer to wait til some more bugs are worked out. As far as I've been able to tell - if I deleted the homebrew channel off my wii, updated to 4.0, and then used Bannerbomb to use the Hackmii installer, i still can't get the HBC back without also using bootmii, am I understanding that correctly?

I know I could use Starfall to disable the update check on my wii, but again, that's starting to tinker with things that make me a little bit nervous. For some reason I feel like disabling the update check is playing with fire. Any ideas - or do I just need to suck it up and deal with the fact that i need to dig deeper with the hacking in order to play Punch-Out!! and keep my homebrew/emulators around?

Thanks in advance!
Re: Punch-Out!! Plus Another Dumb Question
May 19, 2009 04:45AM

if I deleted the homebrew channel off my wii, updated to 4.0, and then used Bannerbomb to use the Hackmii installer, i still can't get the HBC back without also using bootmii, am I understanding that correctly?
Yes, you use the hackmii installer, but don't have to install bootmii too.
Gecko OS ignores the update partition on disks too, I believe
May 19, 2009 04:49AM
To get past the auto update, either use the new gecko os 1.9 (which is kind of buggy) or the gecko os 002 fix. You can find those here. [www.wiibrew.org]

Edit: PhoenixTank, you beat me too it! I was in the middle of typing this when you posted your reply, darn you!!!!! Lol,jk. :)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2009 04:50AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
May 19, 2009 04:52AM
hahah!
It happens to me too. At least we have a decent amount of helpful people here :P
May 19, 2009 05:09AM
Hehe,I don't think I should be considered helpful. I'm surprised I could be of assistance at all, considering I am a n00byn00b. :/
May 19, 2009 06:29AM
Lol, whether you are asking questions, answering them or just reading, there is always the opportunity to learn.
It is a nice community; I was told not to be afraid to get involved, same applies here. We all feel in over our heads and a little newbish at the start.
May 19, 2009 09:20AM
I have also the same fear about the updates but I want to play PUNCH OUT!!. Recently, I tried to play DK JB and it asked me for the update. I have a modchip (wiikey) and I was trying to make this thing work without installing the update. So I start my reseach on HBC and I installed with apps : the back up launcher (WIIGATOR 3.0 gamma) and CIS36 by following the steps.

Two things happened:
1. I was able to by pass the system upgrade and now my game channel shows DK JB ( i did this running wiigator first, If I dont do that shows the system upgrade)
2. However, everytime I try to run the game when I hit START..........ERROR #2 shows up. This happens even with the games that used to work in the past for me ( using the wiikey)

Do you think there is any reason, am I doing anything wrong?

Thank you ......
May 19, 2009 09:34AM
Backup launcher is not supported here
May 19, 2009 10:47AM
OK, sounds fair to me............so do you have another suggestion to use the HBC to block new system updates for the new games to come?
May 19, 2009 04:49PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login