Wii crashes when attempting to boot Gamecube games
May 22, 2009 05:32AM
Two weeks ago, a friend of mine hacked my Wii in a variety of ways. He installed the Homebrew channel, set it up to play region-free games for Gamecube and Wii (this was only a week before Tatsunoko vs. Capcom was announced for a US release, ironically), got rid of that stupid warning message at the beginning, and a few other things. Honestly, I wasn't quite sure what he was doing, since I was doing other things, but he was operating off of stuff at Wiibrew.org and had a working, hacked Wii for a while, so I knew that he knew what he was doing.

Fast-forward to tonight. In my quest to finish some of my old games, I pull out Pokemon Colosseum, thinking that I could finish it by the end of the night. However, anytime I try to boot it up, the screen flashes for a moment and then I lose the game's signal. The power light remains green, but I have to press it, which starts up the Wii as though it wasn't already on, and takes it to the menu. My other Gamecube games are all at a different house right now, so I can't test anything tonight, but the disc is in new condition and worked perfectly back in the day.

Obviously, I'm not expecting anyone to tell me exactly what's wrong, since I can't tell you exactly what my friend did. However, if anyone could give me some good tips on what to look for to fix this, or even a link to a thread discussing it, I'd greatly appreciate it.

EDIT: I found out the stuff my friend did: downgrade my system from 3.3 to 3.2, install the Homebrew Channel via the Twilight Hack, and softmod my Wii with Edited Out. Where should I be looking to fix this?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2009 03:45AM by Arikado.
Re: Wii crashes when attempting to boot Gamecube games
May 24, 2009 03:48AM
I've heard of this happening before to Wii's severely hacked. AFAIK, there isn't a fix. You could try to uninstall whatever failure filled non-wiibrew supported softmod package your friend installed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login