Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SDHC support in HBB (run from HBC 1.0.3)

Posted by pinksteady 
Re: SDHC support in HBB (run from HBC 1.0.3)
August 06, 2009 05:44PM
It seems like Sandisk maybe a safe bet for working SDHC cards according to me and PhoenixTank.
August 06, 2009 06:59PM
Sandisk helped write the spec, so it would certainly make sense that their implementation would be more... reliable, I guess?
August 13, 2009 10:01PM
Found this:
[wiibrew.org]
August 15, 2009 08:03PM
That should be more visible I guess... my card is exactly this one: 4Gb Kingston Micro SDHC C04G (Taiwan) (with SD Adapter), and it really doesn't work with HBC (but it does on the Wii)
August 22, 2009 02:10PM
Just to let you know I had the same list of issues with a Kingston SDHC 16GB Class 4 card, HBB unable to find SD card, etc even though it worked well enough to get the HBC on the Wii.

Changing to a Panasonic SDHC 4GB Class 4 works a treat with HBB. Might be useful to expand the list @ [wiibrew.org] to include if the card works *after* HBC is installed.
August 31, 2009 10:32AM
Okay, I'm having the same problem... I installed HBC using a 4GB microSDHC Card, but after running the HBB I also got the "failed to initialise FAT subsystem, exiting" message.

Im using HBC 1.0.3, IOS61 v19.26
August 31, 2009 02:41PM
Try reformating the SD card. If that doesn't work the card is most likely dying
August 31, 2009 07:33PM
I haven't tried formatting the card yet, but previous posters say they have already tried that. And the card better not be dying because I just bought it yesterday.

EDIT: Aha, so I was using a really old version of the Homebrew Browser

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2009 08:47PM by fatboy3.
August 31, 2009 11:07PM
That helps too. :P
September 01, 2009 12:30AM
Dunno if this helps but...

Were using Wii with 4.0 update, HBC beta 8 and Verbatim SdHC class 6 16Gig card without any problems.

And after updating HBC to 1.0.3 ios61 v19.26 it stopped from recognizing my SdHC card after that like other people here.
(HBC displays and even runs programs, but those programs won't recognize SdHC card anymore)

Everything from my Sandisk Extreme III 2 Gig Sd card works.
September 01, 2009 12:57AM
1. Try to reformat your SD card. (as FAT or FAT 32)
2. Try an uninstall then a reinstall of HBC from the hackmii installer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2009 12:57AM by TopGun96.
September 01, 2009 09:22PM
Nope that didn't work.
September 07, 2009 04:51AM
I seem to be having these problems as well. I just got a new SD today. It was the same kind, same capacity, same brand, even bought it from the same store as one I had before that was also SDHC. HBB worked perfectly on this older one, but on this new one, it just sits there trying to mount the SD until I hit HOME to go back.

The strange thing is, after this happens nothing else will read the SD. The Homebrew Channel shows nothing on the card, not even HBB. The SD menu on the Wii Menu says "the device inserted cannot be used." Nothing reads it

If I eject it and put it back in. It reads fine again, unless I try to run HBB again.

As I said, the other one I had that was exactly the same as this one worked perfectly on HBB.
September 07, 2009 04:58AM
Format your new one?
September 07, 2009 05:33AM
Yes I did. Same problem. I also noticed that with this new card emulators cant find seem to access the files either.

Could this perhaps be a problem with libfat? I looked into a link that someone posted a few posts up and they said there's a SD class 4 version of the Toshiba model I'm using and that things that use libfat won't work or something. Now I don't know if the one I lost was a class 4, but I think this new one is. It said class 4 on the box and there's a little 4 icon on the card itself. To the best of my memory, the two look exactly the same.

EDIT: Okay, I did some research on libfat... doesn't look like that's the problem because according to this wiibrew.org page neither HBB or the emulators use it. But it does seem to be ANYTHING that needs to mount the SD. I even tried to run the HackMii installer. It ran, but couldn't put the necessary files for bootmii on it or flush the log file because it "could not mount."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2009 06:19AM by SmaMan.
September 07, 2009 03:04PM
SmaMan
EDIT: Okay, I did some research on libfat... doesn't look like that's the problem because according to this wiibrew.org page neither HBB or the emulators use it. But it does seem to be ANYTHING that needs to mount the SD. I even tried to run the HackMii installer. It ran, but couldn't put the necessary files for bootmii on it or flush the log file because it "could not mount."
You're terribly mistaken.

Anything that uses the SD(HC) cards uses libfat.

Regarding the wiki page, there are a ton of useless category pages that no one ever bother fills up. Look at how empty the "Category: Homebrew using C++" page is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2009 03:05PM by Arikado.
September 08, 2009 04:27AM
Ah, alright, that makes more sense. I've come to the conclusion that I just got a faulty card. I'm gonna trade it back in tomorrow and try a new one.
September 08, 2009 11:06PM
Try a format first?
September 12, 2009 07:52PM
Hello, I seem to have the same problem.

I just bought a class 4, 16gb Kingston SDHC. I loaded it with hombrew and it worked fine. Then I did a backup of the nand, using the Bootmii, and it was successful. Then I entered the hombrew channel and launched ftpii, and it failed mounting the SDHC. Otherwise, it worked. I thought there was a problem with ftpii, I reinstalled it, but it kept malfunctioning, so I tried with snes9x. It launched, and the same problem, it worked perfectly, but it couldn't mount the SDHC to access the roms. The same happened with fceugx. The HBB couldn't even launch, because it couldn't mount the SDHC. Finally, I accessed BootMii, it launched, but it couldn't access the SDHC after that, neither dump the nand (again) or read it.

I have tried reinstalling everything, formating it to fat32, making a small partition formated in fat16, reformating to fat32, and nothing.

Finally I realized that, if I plug the SDHC into an USC card reader, and it into the USB port, everithing works just fine, except the bootmii, so it seems that there is no problem with the SDHC card, that it is not corrupt.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login