Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mega Merged: I have nunchuk problems

Posted by Arikado 
Re: Mega Merged: I have nunchuk problems
June 02, 2009 03:51AM
nunchuck connected prior to power on = fail
nunchuck connected after power on before selecting homebrew channel = fail
nunchuck connected after selecting homebrew channel before selecting game (helium boy) = fail
nunchuck connected after loading helium boy = fail

In all instances I dis- and re-connected nunchuck while in game but always fail.

I am trying to find an older nunchuck for sale/borrow just to know if it is (nunchuck) hardware version related.

Anyone working on this?
June 02, 2009 05:16AM
Has your nunchuk always acted this way, or was it only until recently? You know how wii's beginning with the serial number LU65/LU64 can't do certain things? Maybe the same applies with certain nunchuks. i don't know, its just a suggestion. :P

I would like to note that i have never experienced this problem before, and i am using the nunchuk that came with the wii when i bought it, and another official nintendo nunchuk that i bought.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2009 05:17AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
I have nunchuk problems
June 03, 2009 11:37PM
I have the Same issue and i would love some help. I have system Menu 4.0U, i have HBC v1.0.3. The nunchuk is the one that came with my Wii... the only one i have to test. my wii is version LG60. the nunchuk works with twilight princess, Wii play, wiisports and the Simpsons game,(all official no backups). doesn't work with quake helium boy and the emulators for the HBC.I have not had any previous versions of home brew so i cannot comment on issues there. I have found no apps that don't give me problems that aren't official Nintendo products

The issue is as follows:
left = left
right = LEFT
up = DOWN
down = down
June 06, 2009 12:59PM
Has anyone tried loading an actual game (say Wii Sports or something) through homebrew such as Gecko OS or other homebrew which launches official discs? Does nunchuk have problems then? (Is there really no second 'c' in nunchuk? I always thought it was nunchuck)
Re: Strange nunchuck behavior
June 08, 2009 11:41PM
Died2Well, is there any difference between your two nunchuks? Which one came with your Wii? What make/model is the other one?

Does anyone else have two nunchuks where one works and the other doesn't? We really need to know the hardware difference first, right? I only have one currently.
June 09, 2009 04:24PM
Another "me too"... system menu 4.0E, HBC 1.0.3. The console's a few weeks old, with the original nunchuk. All Nintendo games work perfectly (Sports, Play) and all HBC games (Doom, Quake, OpenTyrian, HeliumBoy etc) exhibit the "left = left, right = left, down = down, up = down" problem. I've also tried all the plugging out/in variations.

Any help greatly appreciated and a big thankyou to everyone involved with WiiBrew/HBC :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2009 04:25PM by Friik.
June 12, 2009 04:24AM
My patch to fix this was accepted into libogc, so as soon as the games/apps get compiled with the latest version of libogc, the nunchuk joystick should function fine.

I went through this thread, and every game I saw uses libogc, so this patch will fix all of them.

Click here to download Snes9x GX (SVN version, 2009-06-11) compiled with latest libogc (SVN version, 2009-06-11).
(unzip, then same deal as everything else; rename and put in the right place)
June 12, 2009 12:42PM
And how does the patch work?
June 12, 2009 02:42PM
Basically the problem is that some nunchuks don't seem to have min and max calibration values, so for affected nunchuks, the patch initializes them with usable values when you connect them (about 80%-90% of the physical range, depending on the nunchuk), and then extends them to the physical extremes as you move the joystick around.

The lack of min/max effects the right=left and up=down problem because the direction is calculated based on current joystick position, and the center, min, and max calibration values.

I had the same issue with my official nintendo nunchuk that came with a LU61 wii. My best guess is that it's place-of-manufacture dependent rather than how old they are.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2009 03:27PM by rewt.
June 15, 2009 03:32AM
Woo hoo! I tried your fixed Snex9xGX and it worked! Now my nunchuk works for directions. Thanks a million!

How long will it take for all Homebrew apps to get on board with this fix?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2009 03:33AM by drewmie.
June 15, 2009 02:26PM
drewmie
How long will it take for all Homebrew apps to get on board with this fix?
Bug the developers to recompile their apps with the latest libogc from the svn. As soon as they do, their apps will be fixed.

(Topic destickified since the problem is now solved)
June 25, 2009 12:17AM
So when will this fixed version of Snex9xGX make it to the official Homebrew Browser?

And pardon these noob questions: If I want to know more about Quake's status, for example (i.e. when it will be recompiled with the fixed libogc), do I post something in these forums? Or do I query the developer directly? If the latter, how do I get in touch with specific developers of specific Homebrew stuff? ...without being annoying, that is.
June 25, 2009 02:50AM
drewmie
So when will this fixed version of Snex9xGX make it to the official Homebrew Browser?
That'd be teknecal's department now, if the fixed version is public.
drewmie
And pardon these noob questions: If I want to know more about Quake's status, for example (i.e. when it will be recompiled with the fixed libogc), do I post something in these forums? Or do I query the developer directly? If the latter, how do I get in touch with specific developers of specific Homebrew stuff? ...without being annoying, that is.
Your best bet is the talk page for the specific app or the developer's talk page on the wiki.
Or if you are feeling adventurous (and the app is open source) compile a newer version yourself :P
June 25, 2009 01:57PM
Too add to what PhoenixTank said, we're most likely to see most apps get recompiled with the fixes after libogc gets off the svn and made into another official release.
July 02, 2009 09:55PM
Snes9x GX v4.0.7, released June 30, includes this fix.
July 03, 2009 01:39AM
rewt
Snes9x GX v4.0.7, released June 30, includes this fix.
libogc v18 should be released soon and that will include the fix. Expect many more apps with the fix to be released shortly afterwards.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login