Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DVDx Problems

Posted by sleepingzombie 
DVDx Problems
June 06, 2009 09:12AM
Hey guys, sorry to be a pain, and sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place. I recently descovered the wild world of homebrew and I love the new HackMii installer. There's only one problem, I installed the Backup tool, the homebrew channel and I thought DVDx but it wouldn't read a coppied DVD, so I burned a new copy and it still didn't work. I tried 3 other coppies (2 different isos) but none woulld work. Thought, cheap dvd-rs gotta be that, but borrowed 2 DVDs from a friend that deffinatly work and they didn't either.

Ok, must have made a mistake with the installer, so uninstall DVDx and try again. Nothing. Ok different version, try both versions on the wiki and still nothing. So now I'm stuck. I've tried 3 different DVDx versions and none work. I can't understand it, it said all installed correctly but obviously don't work.

Is there anyway I can check that it installs properly? Obviously it runs in the background but is there any way to get into a diag of some sort? Is DVDx my only option? Any other ideas? Sorry if I'm being useless.
Re: DVDx Problems
June 06, 2009 09:40AM
DVDx lets you run DVD movies.

Backups are NOT supported here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2009 04:14AM by bg4545.
June 06, 2009 12:17PM
Doesn't anyone see the big red text on the forum index saying backups aren't supported here?
June 06, 2009 04:01PM
WiiBrew does not support or condone the usage of backups. Such being the case, discussion of them is strictly prohibited in all areas of our forums.
He was talking about dvd movie backups. Sorry for the mix up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2009 03:44AM by Arikado.
June 07, 2009 04:14AM
I jumped to the conclusion because of this:
sleepingzombie
I installed the Backup tool
and this
sleepingzombie
I tried 3 other coppies (2 different isos)

my bad...
June 07, 2009 04:39AM
Me too. But it seems he meant Bootmii by "backup tool".

Again, I and I'm sure everyone else are truly sorry for the misunderstanding.
June 07, 2009 10:27AM
What's bootmii if it's not a backup tool? It backs up your wii info incase you brick your wii. And if you read my post I said, backup tool, HBC then DVDx. But regardless, any chance anyone's got any ideas?
June 07, 2009 01:20PM
What app are you using to play the dvds?
June 10, 2009 08:35AM
MPlayer CE, but I'm pretty sure that's not the problem as I've now tried old versions of it, plus MPlayer TT and MPlayer. pretty sure it's my DVDx install. I can watch movies off a USB stick.
June 10, 2009 06:30PM
Does it work with actual DVDs? Also, soz for the mix up before.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login