Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to update System Menu to 4.0 not via Nintendo

Posted by accidental 
How to update System Menu to 4.0 not via Nintendo
June 07, 2009 12:29PM
Hey guys. What are some suggested methods of updating my Wii to 4.0 (so I can benefit from SDHC and running VC/WiiWare games from SD card) without doing so via the usual update in the Wii settings menu?

For one, I have an issue where the Wii thinks I've got the latest version when I don't (I have 3.2). So an alternate method of installing these updates is my only option.

Any recommendations appreciated. Thanks!
Re: How to update System Menu to 4.0 not via Nintendo
June 07, 2009 02:07PM
Your wii thinks you have the latest system menu? How? So update in Wii Settings doesn't work? Well, you could update from a disc I think, but I don't know if there are any with 4.0 yet. There may be an app to upgrade, but I know of no legal, safe ones.
June 07, 2009 02:14PM
you could use waninkokos 4.0 updater, BUT it isn't recommended because there is definetely a high risk of bricking your wii...if you have bootmii installed as boot2 + did a backup of your nand that shouldn't be a problem though.
June 07, 2009 02:21PM
Your question is too vague to be answered. I suggest you go figure out why "the Wii thinks I've got the latest version when I don't", and fix that.
June 16, 2009 06:41AM
Go here and wait.
June 18, 2009 02:23PM
innuendo fail
June 21, 2009 12:44AM
SD card loading is a system menu feature, as such you can't get that feature using a system menu <4.0 unless a homebrew application developed that is offering the same or better implementation...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2009 12:45AM by I.R.on.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login