Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Disk Drive Error

Posted by Randy_355 
Disk Drive Error
June 08, 2009 08:49PM
I seem to be unable to play any Wii disks on my Wii. Gamecube games work fine, but when I insert any Wii disks it just says it can't read it, or sometimes it gives me an error message. This began to happen after I did a little cheating/ texture hacking on SSBB. As soon as I got the "no tripping" cheat (of course) Wii games stopped working. Can anyone help me with this? (I am NTSC in case you need to know.)
Re: Disk Drive Error
June 08, 2009 08:56PM
Try to use Gecko OS in the meantime
June 08, 2009 10:09PM
Gecko OS 1.8.0.2. is what I used to cheat. It also won't detect my Wii disks. It thinks the disk drive is empty.
June 08, 2009 10:23PM
This is why you shouldn't cheat...

lol, soz I can't be any real help. But here's my two cents: It can't be hardware if GC games still work so it's software. Have you installed anything other than HBC on your Wii? Any "softmod" packages (i.e. epic failures)? Any cIOS, or other unnecessary warez thing?
June 09, 2009 12:06AM
Legitimate or backup Wii games?
June 09, 2009 04:21AM
All I have is the HBC, DVDX, and preloader. All of my Wii games are legitimate as well.
June 09, 2009 06:11AM
Maybe you could try launching it from the Lib Wii Game Load app, or something like that. it just launches your wii game like the disc channel.
June 09, 2009 07:56AM
Hm, just tried that! No luck. Thanks though.

Now however, no disks work, and they don't spin. This is probably a hardware malfunction now.

Edit: See, at first only Brawl didn't work, but the rest of my games (both wii and gamecube) did. Then a few days later my wii games stopped working. As of yesterday, my disk drive won't spin any disks. Now what would cause this?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2009 09:17PM by Randy_355.
June 09, 2009 09:52PM
Have you done any hardmods to your wii?
June 09, 2009 11:58PM
Absolutely none. It's a "stock" wii I guess you could say. I did not mention that I had added a custom theme, but I doubt it caused any problems.
June 10, 2009 05:44AM
Hmm... how did you go about getting a custom theme? Edited Out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2009 05:20PM by Arikado.
June 10, 2009 08:21PM
well, if they aren't spinning, then I would say it's not detecting them at the hardware level (bad or dirty sensor?). I would try to find a cleaning kit first, then if that doesn't work, remove all traces of homebrew (Nintendo is now charging $210 for ANY repair on a Wii with evidence of homebrew, regardless of if it's related to the problem), then send it to Nintendo to get it fixed.
June 11, 2009 09:37AM
I'll look into it. I'm not so concerned now, since I only use it to play SNES9X and play music for now. By the time I do care, I'll have the cash for one of those Tri-wing screwdrivers. May as well get a black case too.

BTW, I will never give in to NINTENDO! I'll find a way.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login