Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Black Screen When Booting HBC

Posted by aznkenshin 
Black Screen When Booting HBC
June 08, 2009 10:28PM
Hi everyone!

I've been a long-time lurker in homebrew sites, particularly GBATemp.net, but this problem has had me stumped...

While opening HBC, I was prompted to update the channel. I did so, and it lead me to a series of things that I don't remember. To keep a story short, it installed through BootMii, which I'm still unfamiliar with. At any rate, I proceeded to update the HBC. But when finished, I was presented with a black screen. I ignored it, hard-reset my Wii, turned it back on, and opened HBC. Guess what? Another black screen. I tried and tried again, but no avail.

What could be the problem? What can I do to solve this?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2009 10:28PM by aznkenshin.
Re: Black Screen When Booting HBC
June 08, 2009 10:46PM
Hmm, dunno what that problem is, altough I have heard some channels won't boot without correct IOS. Which version of HBC do you have, and anyone know which IOS it uses? Then check you have that IOS. I believe you should, but you never know, if you've been at GBATemp, you could have got some bad advice and used some epic failure "homebrew" (read "warez tools") that you were told you MUST have for homebrew, which are actually for warez and that may be the problem, but I dunno. Sorry.
June 09, 2009 07:07PM
How can I find out what version of HBC I'm using? I can't even start the channel... :(

If I did find out what version it is, how can I tell what IOS it uses?
June 09, 2009 07:50PM
Well what version was it on before you updated? Any idea? Also, how recent was this upgrade prompt?

EDIT: I believe you have now fixed it. For those interested, the solution was simply reinstall HBC. Apparently HBC had decided to use IOS 61 when he installed it for Shop Channel, and then he uninstalled it and HBC stopped working, despite having worked fine before IOS 61 being installed. But reinstalling without IOS 61 installed meant it used a different IOS, so it works fine. At least, I think that's what happened.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2009 08:33PM by SifJar.
June 09, 2009 11:51PM
Yep! Thanks a load!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login