Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Loooong time for HBC to start

Posted by strells 
Loooong time for HBC to start
June 30, 2009 07:57PM
This only started happening recently. Previously, when I started the Homebrew Channel, I would see the SD card image and the apps would appear immediately. Now, with 1.0.3 (I don't know if it is a version thing or not), after selecting the HBC, my screen will stay black, sometimes for up to 30 seconds, before the SD card loading image occurs. Is there something on my card that may be slowing it down? I'll have to try starting the HBC without the card plugged in to see if that has an affect. But if it doesn't, what else can I do to shorten this delay?

Thanks,
Steve
Re: Loooong time for HBC to start
July 03, 2009 01:52AM
Anybody? This is really annoying.
July 03, 2009 02:00AM
Lol, sorry. I don't know how to help you. Is it an SDHC card? Also, if you have bootmii as boot2, does it do the same thing if you launch it from bootmii?
July 05, 2009 12:12AM
Sounds like IOS 60 problem... What System Menu are you running?
July 05, 2009 12:14AM
WiiSCU

Put the boot.dol from this app on the root of your SD card, and load it using bannerbomb. Once you've gotten into the app, update IOS 60. Then, uninstall/reinstall the homebrew channel with the hackmii installer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2009 12:15AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
July 07, 2009 03:15AM
Do I have to put it at the root, or can I run it from the HBC?

Steve
July 07, 2009 03:16AM
Lol, sorry. You can run it from the HBC. Sorry. :P
July 07, 2009 09:02AM
Tried installing IOS60 (+Trucha; was that correct?) and reinstalling HBC. No luck.

Tried going to HBC from bootmii. No luck.

I timed the delay. It's usually exactly 30 seconds, sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. Something is timing out before HBC can load. Any ideas what else I can check? I'm at 4.0.

Steve
July 07, 2009 09:04PM
Try installing IOS60 without trucha and then uninstalling and reinstalling the Homebrew Channel.
July 08, 2009 08:49AM
No luck. It still takes too long to start HBC. After uninstalling HBC, do I have to leave Hackmii, reboot, and come back before reinstalling HBC? Does that make any difference?

I don't understand why I'm the only person with this problem.

Steve
July 10, 2009 04:58PM
I believe this is because the libfat used in 1.0.3 is actually significantly slower for some SD Cards than others. There's really nothing you can do for this except wait for the next release of the HBC.
July 10, 2009 08:44PM
Arikado
I believe this is because the libfat used in 1.0.3 is actually significantly slower for some SD Cards than others. There's really nothing you can do for this except wait for the next release of the HBC.

Maybe, but I even tried it with no SD card in the slot, and the same thing happened!

Steve
July 10, 2009 09:04PM
strells
Arikado

Maybe, but I even tried it with no SD card in the slot, and the same thing happened!
Ah, now that's interesting. Try that again, but this time without any gamecube memory cards or stuff in the USB ports plugged in and tell me what happens.
July 11, 2009 08:50PM
Well, what do you know! I had a Gamecube SD Gecko adaptor in. As soon as I removed it, HBC would come right up! But I didn't even have an SD card in the adaptor. I thought SD Gecko was just wires, no detection circuit (like a pull-up or pull-down). But I guess HBC was trying to read it even with no SD card in it.

Steve
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login