Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Default Homebrew IOS

Posted by pinball Wizard 
Default Homebrew IOS
July 02, 2009 01:43PM
When I launch homebrew for the homebrew channel what is its default IOS? Also, what IOS does system Menu 3.3 use again?
Re: Default Homebrew IOS
July 02, 2009 04:02PM
Homebrew launched from the HBC should (initially) be using the same IOS the HBC uses.

System menu 3.3 should be using IOS 30.
Are you talking about pre 2008-10-23?
July 02, 2009 10:33PM
HBC, the latest version, uses IOS 60, I know this because it causes a lot of problems for people on pre-4.0 systems, which don't have IOS 60 by default. But older versions I don't know.
July 03, 2009 04:57AM
SifJar
HBC, the latest version, uses IOS 60, I know this because it causes a lot of problems for people on pre-4.0 systems, which don't have IOS 60 by default. But older versions I don't know.
After smacking myself in the face I beg to differ, at least on my wii. I (running 3.3 prior to 2008-10-23 AKA. 3.3 v2) get IOS 37v4.

i ask all of this because as most of you know I am currently working on the Hombrew Browser Channel (using the only open-source and legal method of good ol' Benzin). The thing is that I am having weird code dumps from my method of launching HBB. It code dumps but if I push the reset button it drops me back into the system menu. I am thinking that IOS 30 is not playing well with the test channel so I think that I will make the loader launch IOS 37 and if for some reason the host wii does not have IOS 37 installed then reboot the wii back into System Menu. Is it even reasonable to assume that code dumps would be caused by IOS 30? I mean if I launch HBC and then go back to the System Menu the channel works fine. Does HBC leave the System Menu forcibly running IOS 37? If that is the case, I have a simple fix. Before I try it I wanted to get some input becuase I don't have a good compiler/environment right now so I keep enslaving a certain user and his/her processor for compiling ;)
July 03, 2009 10:39AM
which IOS is in the ticket for your channel?
July 03, 2009 10:57PM
daniel_c_w
which IOS is in the ticket for your channel?
That is a good question. Let me unpack my channel and find out. I also might we redoing the channel anyways. I did more reading up on some stuff and now I think that I can make the channel animated instead of just static. I'll get back to you on the IOS in my ticket in just a few minutes.
July 03, 2009 11:54PM
I am not exactly sure what I am looking for. I assume I am to look in the file that ends in .tik right? If it is I don't see anything that contains IOS version number. I took it into a hex editor and can't convert anything other than the unique ID. I also looked on the wiki for here and the article about tickets does not say anything about IOS version.
July 04, 2009 08:52AM
I was wrong. The IOS is not referenced in the ticket, but in the TMD

[wiibrew.org]

And I do not know, where to find the TMD.
EDIT: it may be in /title/title1/title2/content

EDIT2: if you are launched as a channel, you should only have the security priviliges for your own title directory

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2009 08:58AM by daniel_c_w.
July 04, 2009 03:42PM
I unpackaged my channel and got all the data onto my computer. I also used FS Browser to make sure that nothing was different on my wii (I used SU rights). The lucky IOS number is... 00. Apparently I messed up in making the channel is why I am having problems. I when to my unpackaged channel and it says 00 for location 0x184 which according to the Title Metadata is the location for IOS version. So is it possible to just put in the literal number of 37 into the ASCII side and expect it to put in the right hex number or is there a list of code that represent the correct number that belongs in it?
July 04, 2009 05:45PM
Found the answer to my own question. Apparently it is the hex representation of whatever IOS you want. I will change the file, repackage it and see if I am still crashing.
July 04, 2009 07:02PM
Well, now that it is being told to load IOS 37 it still crashes, but I don't think it is the channel. The channel is using a loader that forwards to the SD card to load HBB (offers easy updates without touching the NAND after channel is installed once). When the SD card is in the wii it crashes, when it is not in the wii it loads the test forwarder and gives me the error that FAT cannot be initialized. Currently for testing purposes the loader uses a config file located on the sd card. I did this so that I could test it with several apps. I think that it is having issues reading the config file so I am going on to the final program for loading HBB that runs without needed to read a config file, it will be auto programmed into the channel to on launch, go straight into HBB. Make sense?

P.S. Anyone noticed that HBC doesn't leave a log in the played list anymore? Strange especially since HBB channel that I am working on does.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login