Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What I Would Need?

Posted by Rickwakefan123 
What I Would Need?
August 06, 2008 04:41AM
Hey, sorry for such a broad question but what all would I need to start coding Wii Homebrew, as in software? Thanks :)
Re: What I Would Need?
August 06, 2008 05:11AM
For wii, alot of people download the devKit pro (see here for tutorial - here. Also, some people chose to use Linux and its bash shell which will usually always include the GCC compiler if you install correctly. If you are on windows and want to use the GCC compiler, download cygwin here and install it though the internet. There are also several libraries avaliable for download to aid in software development, usually in C or/and C++. There are several other compilers that you could use. As a begginer GCC would be difficult but very good to learn at a young development age, DevKit pro is the only IDE that I can see that is free for the Nintendo Wii, you can purchase the SDK from nintendo for around $2000 USD. Once you have your environment set up, the only thing left to do is learn to program and use your compiler.
August 06, 2008 06:46AM
Rickwakefan123 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey, sorry for such a broad question but what all
> would I need to start coding Wii Homebrew, as in
> software? Thanks :)

Yeah I want to start too...I was just told C++ and devkit PPC...Also I think Programmers Notepad might be good...
August 06, 2008 06:50AM
Programmers not pad is part of the IDE, it makes it much easier to write then compile your programs.
August 06, 2008 07:08AM
Thanks, I'll check it out!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login