Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Shop Channel

Posted by Napalmdaddy 
Wii Shop Channel
July 25, 2009 01:28AM
So I have Homebrew installed, been working great. I'm now trying to re-download Super Mario 64 from the Wii Shop Channel(bought a while ago) and also just bought Sword & Soldiers. I get the same error 201022 while trying to download either one. Sometimes it will get to the very end where the little mario is jumping at the last block. I've setup my wireless connection a few times. Also I've tried over a few days. Is the Homebrew preventing the Wii Shop from downloading?
Re: Wii Shop Channel
July 25, 2009 01:43AM
Try to find out what the error means. Maybe google will yield some answers?
July 25, 2009 02:21AM
Are you sure its not 20102, because if thats what it is, its because you've cheated online, and been caught....Have you ever cheated online? If not, then that error is just a wii shop channele error. I had the same problem downloading world of goo. I've downloaded other stuff, but whenever I try to download it, I get that error.

Edit: Just so you know, you can type in error codes at Nintendo's Customer Service.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2009 02:22AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
July 25, 2009 02:27AM
There are appears to be a temporary problem with the Wii Shop Channel.

* The Wii Shop Channel may be temporarily down (this could include scheduled maintenance). Please wait a few hours and retry the connection again.

* Try adjusting the "Channel" your wireless router broadcasts on. We highly recommend setting your wireless router to either channel 1 or 11. This can potentially increase the download speed. For information on accessing your router's settings, click here to select the brand name and model number of your router (if available).

* If possible, move the router closer to the Wii console and try the connection again.

From Nintendo support site. I will try the channel to 1, it was on 11 now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2009 02:29AM by Napalmdaddy.
July 25, 2009 02:29AM
Did you see my above question? Or were you posting during mine, and didn't see it. If not, just make sure that the error code is 201022, not 20102. :)
July 25, 2009 02:33AM
Yeah Its the 201022. I haven't hardly played anything online, just Smash Bros and Mario Kart.
July 25, 2009 02:35AM
Okay, then its probably just a shop error. I can't really help, except to just try again later.....
July 25, 2009 06:39AM
Did you ever get your World of Goo to download after you had the problem? I don't like paying 1000 pts for a game that won't download.
July 25, 2009 06:55AM
Nope. I didn't. But I haven't tried for a while. Actually, I just realized that my error code isn't the same as yours...Sorry.

Also, I'd done some stuff (I don't wanna talk about it. :() that might have caused the problem, so I only blame myself for the problems I had....
July 25, 2009 09:46AM

* Try adjusting the "Channel" your wireless router broadcasts on. We highly recommend setting your wireless router to either channel 1 or 11. This can potentially increase the download speed..

Can somebody tell me, why this should work? Sounds like Voodoo to me.

Nintendo can't keep you away from the shop, because you have cheated on the Wi-Fi connection
July 25, 2009 07:05PM
Adjusting the channel didn't help any. Still can't download either title. Both of them will get to the end where mario jumps on the block repeatedly, looks like its going to the complete screen, then goes to that error 201022. I guess I'm going to call Nintendo. Should I delete HBC before I call?
July 25, 2009 07:39PM
daniel_c_w

* Try adjusting the "Channel" your wireless router broadcasts on. We highly recommend setting your wireless router to either channel 1 or 11. This can potentially increase the download speed..

Can somebody tell me, why this should work? Sounds like Voodoo to me.
More interference on other channels, I believe.
July 25, 2009 08:37PM
Napalmdaddy
Adjusting the channel didn't help any. Still can't download either title. Both of them will get to the end where mario jumps on the block repeatedly, looks like its going to the complete screen, then goes to that error 201022. I guess I'm going to call Nintendo. Should I delete HBC before I call?

No, unless you're planning on sending it to them.....
July 30, 2009 12:58PM
I have heard of people getting this error when they pirated WiiWare or VC games, then deleted through System Menu and attempted to re-download from Wii Shop. Sure you haven't done this? If so, I believe deleting the ticket with AnyTitle Deleter and then downloading it may work. But you will have to pay.
July 30, 2009 10:20PM
IIRC pirated games don't have the same title/ticket as the Wii Shop ones.. Or at least they didn't before..
August 01, 2009 09:14AM
HBC shouldn't be interfearing with the Wii Shop Channel. I have it and a bunch of apps. I just bought "Dungeon Explorer" off it, and downloaded a couple of Rock Band songs. So if anything you either; 1)Got caught cheating online [though I've never heard of being blocked for WiiShop by this, just WiFi gameplay], 2) WiiShop is temporaraly down, or 3)Somethings wrong with your connection.

If all else fails (read: changing your WiFi signal) you could always try one of those LAN adapters. If you dont have one they are pretty cheap on Amazon.

Hope this helps! ^_^
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login