Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem with loading homebrew on wii

Posted by BEan 
Problem with loading homebrew on wii
October 19, 2008 11:32PM
I just installed the HBC on a friends wii using the twilight hack and we ran into a problem. When anyone tries to load a program on the HBC the progress bar pops up and then sticks at 0%. The wii isn't locked up (you can see the bubbles move in the background), it just won't load the homebrew app. we have tried different sd cards with no luck

here are some details on the wii

Region: north america
Firmware 3.3U
SD card: 2gb class 2
internal memory has less than 50 blocks empty after HBC installation

My current theory is that internal memory is used a cache when a program is loaded VIA HBC. Since he does not have alot of free space available, the program can't load. But I think I could be wrong.

Any ideas?
Re: Problem with loading homebrew on wii
October 19, 2008 11:37PM
Remove the gamecube memory cards.
October 20, 2008 12:58AM
Arikado

you are defiantly going to have to explain this one to me, I don't see how the GCN cards could affect anything.

In my wii I just have 1 gcn card plugged in (3rd party) and it works fine, and the problem wii has Nintendo gcn cards in both slots. we will try it.
October 20, 2008 01:53AM
The HBC always fails for me if there's a memory card in slot 2 (slot 1 is fine). It's a known bug, IIRC something about it being incorrectly detected as a USB or SD Gecko.

But that's definitely your problem. All you can do for now is eject the second memory card and wait for an HBC update.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2008 01:54AM by AerialX.
October 20, 2008 04:59PM
BEan
Arikado

you are defiantly going to have to explain this one to me, I don't see how the GCN cards could affect anything.

In my wii I just have 1 gcn card plugged in (3rd party) and it works fine, and the problem wii has Nintendo gcn cards in both slots. we will try it.

I can't really explain it to you any better than, like Aerial X said, it's a problem with the HBC. I had the same problem until I removed the memory cards (I haven't even had a reason to put them back in yet).
October 21, 2008 01:20AM
It works, thanks guys.

any word on when HBC will be updated?
October 21, 2008 04:56PM
Your welcome. I had the same problem originally.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login