Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii 4.1 Update via Internet or Disc?

Posted by ICEing 
Re: Wii 4.1 Update via Internet or Disc?
August 28, 2009 01:34PM
You probably have downgraded IOSes. This is different to trucha bugged IOSes (kind of). The best option is to have the latest IOSes, trucha bugged. Use dop-IOS MOD to install the latest version of every IOS and select to trucha patch them. Then you wont need to load it through Gecko OS, and your precious themes will be fine (despite the fact they are illegal, fail and unsupported here)
August 29, 2009 04:55AM
but i use legal? themes
wadder forums
First, to put this straight, there is only a few legal themes in existence – and none of them change any colors or have any edits besides TPL edits. All others, including the SoftMii themes, are illegal. They are based on the System Menu’s content archive with minor (yes, minor) modifications, such as slightly changing a few brlyt files and/or replacing a few TPL images. All of that leaves intact, at least, 5+ megabytes of Nintendo property that is not only illegal to distribute, just makes file sizes larger and causes the SoftMii team to need donations to pay for the hosting :P .

However, there is a solution. That solution is called MyMenu, and it uses a scripting language to automate the modifications to the archive to create a theme, all legally, as it only includes the patches, not the original files. Also, it makes files that are less than around 4mb total, even with everything changed, instead of up to about 20 megabytes. This is possible because MyMenu uses a different idea on distribution than other theme tools and guides. MyMenu lets you create your own themes, then just distribute the patch, so everyone can apply it on their own files and create their own, larger, file that they can install with MyMenuify.
August 29, 2009 01:56PM
Arikado told me it was also illegal, and he knows what hes talking about.
August 29, 2009 05:32PM
darklink: You can answer your own question by simply reading what you quoted.
August 30, 2009 07:51AM
whatever just forget about it
September 06, 2009 06:59AM
MyMenu is legal, and so are some themes, but not ones that change that tons of colors in the wii menu...
September 07, 2009 05:48AM
There is no need to update to 4.1!! USe 3.3 or 3.4! Works best!! Happy Homebrew'en
September 07, 2009 08:09PM
There's no need NOT to update. There is nothing possible of 3.3 or 3.4 that isnt possible on 4.1, and there is NOTHING at all not possible on 4.1 with a little know-how. And with 4.1 you get SD card menu and Wii Sports Resort bugfix.
September 07, 2009 09:12PM
SifJar
There is nothing possible of 3.3 or 3.4 that isnt possible on 4.1
Ehm, not quite. Thats only if you have 3.3v2. If I were on 3.3v1, I wouldn't update.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2009 09:13PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
September 07, 2009 09:20PM
If I were on 3.3v1 I would update, but in a special way. First, I'd download WiiSCU and use it to install ALL the IOS it can install, with trucha bug and update all channels, then use NUSD to download System Menu 4.1 WAD and use wadimport to install it (dont need to use waninkoko's stuff in this case), then when I was updated, I'd use dop-IOS MOD to update a few other IOS (36 and a few others) with trucha. Then, I'd have 4.1 which can do ANYTHING.
September 07, 2009 09:22PM
SifJar
If I were on 3.3v1 I would update, but in a special way. First, I'd download WiiSCU and use it to install ALL the IOS it can install, with trucha bug and update all channels, then use NUSD to download System Menu 4.1 WAD and use wadimport to install it (dont need to use waninkoko's stuff in this case), then when I was updated, I'd use dop-IOS MOD to update a few other IOS (36 and a few others) with trucha. Then, I'd have 4.1 which can do ANYTHING.
I see..I guess that works too. :P
September 07, 2009 09:22PM
I'd just update Normally, Trucha patch IOS 36, use it to install preloader then revert it to normal.
September 07, 2009 09:23PM
Yes, but that isnt supported here (requires use of stuff unsupported here. My way uses only WiiBrew supported tools)
September 07, 2009 09:32PM
Yeah, but my way's easier and I am not a pirate. :-)

EDIT: before I update I could just dop IOS (insert number here) and take it with the update to 4.1.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2009 09:33PM by metroid_maniac.
September 09, 2009 11:31PM
Unfortunatly I updated to 4.1 the "normal" way. What have I "lost" because of this?
September 10, 2009 02:55AM
trucha bugged ios's (i think) from what ive seen on these forums use dop ios mod to trucha bug the ios's i dont know which ones though
September 10, 2009 03:11AM
You must tell Dop-IOS MOD to use an already trucha patched IOS... Therfore it won't be much help to use it unless there is already one patched IOS
September 10, 2009 07:00AM
lets say i dont have any trucha bugged ios's
can i use dopiosmod to downgrade ios 16 using 36 then use 16 to trucha bug ios 36?
September 10, 2009 05:10PM
Nope. However there ARE apps that restore the trucha bug to some IOS. Unfortunatly these arn't supported by Wiibrew as they can be used by pirates. Sorry.
September 11, 2009 04:31PM
metroid_maniac
Nope. However there ARE apps that restore the trucha bug to some IOS. Unfortunatly these arn't supported by Wiibrew as they can be used by pirates. Sorry.

What exactly does trucha bug do to IOS? Whats the benefit?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login