Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew problems installing DVD items etc.

Posted by Ladyshippers 
Homebrew problems installing DVD items etc.
August 25, 2009 05:06PM
I got the Homebrew channel up and running yesterday, after purchasing software download from Brewdownloader.com - which I am regretting already. I cannot install any of the DVDx, or similar, downloads and the system keeps freezing - I then have to turn the console off at the plug and on again to get it to work. There are a couple of other problems too but that will do for now. The site says they give 24 hour support but I haven't had any response to emails sent over 16 hours ago - not terribly impressed so far. I am getting the impression that I may been unwise to purchase but I did try to research their site before doing so - found several commendations and recommendations but am now wondering if they were for real.

I am not an experienced user in terms of inputting code etc. - I have done it sometimes on my pc but I suffer from M.E. and it affects my brain function - honest; so I often find it difficult to follow instructions unless they are step by step and in very simple, easy to understand form.

Would be very grateful for any suggestions anyone might offer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2009 05:07PM by Ladyshippers.
Re: Homebrew problems installing DVD items etc.
August 25, 2009 05:50PM
Ladyshippers
I got the Homebrew channel up and running yesterday, after purchasing software download from Brewdownloader.com
Congratulations, you paid for freely available software! Please report them immediately now that you understand that you have been scammed.

In regards to your question; DVDX will install perfectly if you install it via the HackMii Installer. You can find it here: [hackmii.com]
August 25, 2009 09:41PM
Thank you - I gathered I have been scammed. I obviously don't know enough about this sort of thing. Who should I report the supplier to? Thank you for the link. Should I uninstall any of what I've put on from the download? Finally, where I can find the 'freely available software'? - I am going to ask for my money back from the download supplier - not sure if I will get it though but I did pay through Paypal so may have some comeback.

Thank you again for responding
August 25, 2009 09:54PM
You can report them by following this guide here: [hbc.hackmii.com]

As for the freely available software, you're on the mothership right now (WiiBrew). Wii homebrew was originally created here, and will always be freely available here. More specifically, go here: [www.wiibrew.org]
August 25, 2009 09:56PM
Thank you, sorry to be dim.
August 25, 2009 09:59PM
It's certainly not a problem at all.

The dimmest light is the most beautiful as it has no bright shine hiding itself but instead a radiant glow promoting itself :-)

If you have any more problems/questions/concerns please feel free to ask. That's what this forum is here for.
August 25, 2009 10:06PM
Could you tell us what happens when you try to get your money back? I'm just curious to hear what happens, and also making the point to other people that have paid for homebrew that it's a scam. Thanks!
August 25, 2009 10:28PM
Yes, I will tell you what happens - and I am happy to help warn other people.

I am having a little difficult in understanding some of the instructions for installing the right stuff- well, to be honest a lot of trouble and a great deal of it feels like a foreign language. Will probably wait til tomorrow, and hope my brain is clearer, before tackling any of it.
August 25, 2009 10:29PM
Oh, and I forgot to say Thank you for your comment about dimness - much appreciated and made me smile.
August 25, 2009 10:44PM
direct from their website:

60 day money back guarantee. We'll refund your money if you're not satisfied.

I would start there and test that!!!

And i gotta say Arikado... that was a smooth line!
August 26, 2009 01:01AM
It certainly was smooth - at my age etc., you take what you can get! I am going to go for the refund but I need to get a reply from them first. I thought I would see if they respond to an ordinary request for help first, and only say that I am a bit unhappy with the efficacy of the download; to see if they do reply, before mentioning the refund. If they don't respond to that, I don't have much faith that they will action the refund any item soon. However, the site they get there money through has the 60 day money back guarantee as part of it's conditions of use. I may get to see how genuine that is too - it asks buyers to contact vendors with any problems before attempting to obtain a refund and to allow up to 2 working days for replies - the clock is ticking!

time for bed said Zebedee :))
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login