Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

homebrew channel not working

Posted by supaman64 
homebrew channel not working
August 31, 2009 02:56AM
alright, so I just recently updated to 4.1, with the Homebrew Channel already installed. However, when I try to boot up the HBC, I get a black screen and I have to reset my Wii. So clearly, the update must have nerfed it... but it can't! It's not supposed to affect preinstalled channels, right? It won't even boot via bootmii! Help?
Re: homebrew channel not working
August 31, 2009 03:23AM
Try a reinstall with the hackmii installer
August 31, 2009 01:20PM
TopGun96
you might want to delete it from the system first, you should have also made a nand backup when you installed bootmii, that would have helped.

Did your wii update fully, did anything knock your wii while updating
August 31, 2009 02:39PM
SteelSLasher
TopGun96
you might want to delete it from the system first

wouldn't an uninstall in hackmii delete it from the system?
August 31, 2009 03:07PM
Yes, but you didnt say uninstall and reinstall, you just said reinstall. You have to uninstall it first.
August 31, 2009 11:10PM
Sorry, I figured that he/she would figure out that reinstall means uninstall then install again. (will hackmii even let you press install if you already have the newest version of HBC?)

PS: sorry for the confusion

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2009 11:10PM by TopGun96.
September 02, 2009 07:24PM
I found that the new homebrew channel would not load on 3.2e just a black screen so i stuck to homebrew beta9 and it loads fine. it could be that the homebrew channel you have is not compatible with 4.1? what you think Sif jar?
to remove homebrew from your system. just delete it from wii channels. thats what i did anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2009 07:25PM by jamieupanddown.
September 02, 2009 09:34PM
The reason HBC didnt work for you is you didnt install IOS61 first. Download WiiSCU and run it and select to install IOS61, then re-install HBC 1.0.3 and it'll work fine. And removing HBC in data management doesnt get rid of it. To uninstall it properly, run HackMii Installer, and select uninstall. And EVERY version of HBC will work with 4.1, provided the installer works (the only installer that works on 4.1 is HackMii Installer, so you sorta have to have 1.0.3, which will work fine).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login