Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Selectively autoboot HBC/System Menu

Posted by raptir 
Selectively autoboot HBC/System Menu
September 09, 2009 02:43PM
I want to be able to boot either the SysMenu or HBC depending on either user input or which SD card I have in the drive. Here are my limitations...

- I'm using this for playing Rock Band/Guitar Hero, so I want to be able to choose between them with the Guitar Hero World Tour guitar plugged in. Preloader does not accept any input when the GHWT guitar is plugged in to the Remote.

- Since RB/GH require a normal SD card, the only SD card I have to use for homebrew is my 4GB Kingston SDHC. BootMii does not recognize it, so I cannot configure BootMii to boot to the HBC when that SD card is in.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I guess my other option would be to always use the HBC, but have an app that boots the disc channel from within the HBC. Again, I have the limitation of HB not supporting the GHWT controller (Gecko OS might work, I'm not sure, but I cannot control it with the GHWT controller plugged in). In addition, I can't use any loaders or anything because RB NEEDS to be booted from the disc channel to work properly. Thanks.
Re: Selectively autoboot HBC/System Menu
September 09, 2009 04:59PM
Try preloader. Set it to "Autoboot to: System Menu" and it will automatically load the System Menu. However, if you hold Reset on boot it will load the preloader menu. What System Software are you on?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login