Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ogre 3D Graphics Engine Port (Now in Development)

Posted by Link_of_Hyrule 
Re: Ogre 3D Graphics Engine Port
August 23, 2008 10:28PM
@Tinte
Well, you're certainly better than me. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.
August 24, 2008 02:30AM
wow sounds cool maybe in 2 years when I'm back from my mission your ogre port will be completed :D
August 24, 2008 06:59PM
Well, i do not think it will take so long)
Every bullet in my list takes from one to few free evenings to implement, if there are no unexpected problems with wii itself (which takes place when i don't read documentation carefully or there is something specific).
I compiled ogre core for wii, so i will just use code from my engine as a basis for ogre's RenderSystem implementation, it will not take much time.
August 24, 2008 07:19PM
That's really impressive Tinte.
August 24, 2008 08:32PM
Wow thats awesome Tinte you seem like your a very smart experienced person and its great to see something actually happening with this. I look forward to your first demo release. Do you think we can expect something soon?

Not exactly completely related to this topic but i made a GlovePie script for Iris2 (which uses ogre and possible in the future will run on Wii its self) anyways if anyone is interested you can get it here i think it works pretty awesome I even set IIn-game programable Item Slots to the d-pad similar to zelda to program them you just hold down the 1 button and press any of the d-pad arrows while high lighting an item in game then to use the item you set just press the same arrow with out holding down the 1 button. Get Iris2 GlovePie Script Here!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2008 08:41PM by Link_of_Hyrule.
August 25, 2008 12:44AM
Wow, you seem to love this guy. Anyways... Tinte, it will have helped that it was oringinaly on PC as Ogre is supported by a large range of chip sets, I believe ATI made the gpu (?). Good work on what you have done.
August 25, 2008 03:32AM
Yeh the Wii's gpu is made by ATI :) anyways Tinte said he will probably have some more ported by the end of the week maybe he will have a demo ready he already sent me this kool sample with a spinning tiger but I'm sure his demo that he releases will be much more complex.
August 26, 2008 02:33AM
sorry for the double post but I updated the first post of the topic with the document that Tinte has made outlineing some of his work on the ogre port and future iris2 port to Wii.
Re: Ogre 3D Graphics Engine Port (Now in Development)
September 10, 2008 06:39AM
wow this sounds pretty awsome. When this gets completed (hopefully tinte will have the time to finish it) does that mean that games which use the engine can be ported very easily? Are there any open source games which use this engine (an fps would be awsome). Also this would allow homebrew developers to create their own 3d apps am i correct? If this is true that is great and good luck to you tinte. Oh and are you planning on releasing a demo or alpha build of it soon? how is it coming along in development?
September 11, 2008 11:31AM
Well Tinte is slowly and surely working on this but is very busy with work and such as well. He will release a demo of sorts when he has completed enough of this to show something decent. If you look in my very first post of this thread there is a list of many applications that use this engine and they can be ported with some effort and a few adjustments. As far as a I know after Tinte is done porting this he is going to make his own game and possible port Iris2. Anyways I usually talk to him when he gets on but he doesn't always have time to post so I'll keep you guys updated.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2008 11:33AM by Link_of_Hyrule.
January 09, 2009 05:07PM
Hi!

How about this porting?

Can i help you?

Thanks for your answers
February 25, 2009 08:17AM
Hi Tinte,

How's the porting going? It would be great to have a good 3D engine available for homebrew game development!

Does anyone know of any other good 3D engines? The one used by Helium Boy looked pretty good but unfortunately it's not open source...
March 06, 2009 01:27AM
TylerRick2,

Good point, I noticed that about Helium Boy. It says it uses Ogre 3D but does not give source.

That's pretty sucky to be honest, take an open source project port it and don't make it open source.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2009 01:28AM by scanff.
December 29, 2009 04:57PM
scanff
TylerRick2,

Good point, I noticed that about Helium Boy. It says it uses Ogre 3D but does not give source.

That's pretty sucky to be honest, take an open source project port it and don't make it open source.

I asked the author of Helium Boy about his engine and the result is he is not using Ogre for Wii version of game - he did his own engine... :(

Is there any progress in this ogre port?

Maybe someone could look at OgreWii project and finish it [code.google.com] - it is on good way, I suppose
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login