Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew App Store not wanting to work.

Posted by ThunderChunkier 
Homebrew App Store not wanting to work.
September 14, 2009 10:43PM
It has been a little while since I have been on my Wii or Homebrew for that matter. But for some reason when I try to run the Homebrew App Store, it will not work. It says "Requesting IP address or www.codemii.com" (which I don't remember if it always said that). Then it says it could not obtain that IP address. Any idea on how I can fix this?
Re: Homebrew App Store not wanting to work.
September 14, 2009 10:45PM
You mean homebrew browser? There is no homebrew app store. And maybe codemii.com is down or something. That would cause a problem, and if that is the case, just wait a while. BTW, sure you have the latest version?

EDIT: Nope, CodeMii looks up from here. Dunno what your problem is. It seems obvious but - do you have wifi set up correctly?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2009 10:46PM by SifJar.
September 14, 2009 10:56PM
Yes, Homebrew Browser is what I meant. Well the network initializes correctly, so WiFi is working. How would I know if I had the most recent Homebrew?

Wait, I think my version of Homebrew is 1.0.3 and then it goes on to say IOS38 v.14.25

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2009 11:01PM by ThunderChunkier.
September 15, 2009 08:12AM
You are reffering to the Homebrew Channel. Read what version of the Homebrew Browser you have in the description of the app.
September 15, 2009 10:09AM
Old versions of Homebrew browser kept an ip for the repository's address... Ip changed, in the new versions it's fixed.... (I guess it's now trying to resolve the host name of the repository)

meaning : you are using an outdated version...
September 15, 2009 02:09PM
Oh, I found out the problem. Turns out I had the wrong ethernet cord plugged in. Sorry guys, that was a fail on my part :).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login