Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Assistance

Posted by ShyRanger 
Re: Assistance
September 21, 2009 08:37AM
Okay. It makes a difference and I know it because it's an opensource app (didn't know the code got released).

Have a nice night,
Aruskano
September 22, 2009 12:06AM
So what IOS do I want GeckoOS to run off of? And how do I download it?
September 22, 2009 12:08AM
I don't know...According to Aruskano it need to run off of a trucha IOS for the menu to have the launch channel item...

What is your system menu version?
September 22, 2009 12:32AM
How do I check that?
September 22, 2009 12:39AM
Go to the little wii settings menu,

Then select the "Wii Settings" box,

And then look in the upper right hand corner. What does it say? I'm assuming it says 4.1U....

Edit: Would you mind using this app, and then tell me the results? It will make a file on the root of your SD card, so could you just copy/paste it to the screen? Or take a snapshot of it? Thanks. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2009 12:41AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
September 22, 2009 12:47AM
That's correct.
September 22, 2009 12:59AM
Okay, use the app i gave you and tell me the results.
September 22, 2009 01:05AM
Hey hey! I just overlooked at the source last night. If the IOS it runs off is relevant it's not trucha what makes the difference (it doesn't even check for it) but ES_identify/ES_DiVerify. I got the results I mentioned in my story because I Dop'd an IOS with this app which installed what I just mentioned too.

I gotta explain what GeckoOS checks in some minutes but seeing you were active about the issue I felt like to state this. By the way, you will need trucha to Dop your IOS anyways.

Will be back,
Aruskano
September 22, 2009 01:11AM
So how do I get Trucha?
September 22, 2009 01:15AM
I don't think you can on 4.1....Someone please tell me if I'm wrong.
September 22, 2009 01:34AM
Okay. Here's the procedure GeckoOS does:

Check if I'm running IOS36. If not, run IOS36.
Check if I can work as SU (First checking if IOS36 has ES_identify enabled and then attempting to become SU)
	If yes, check if I can run IOS249. 
		If yes, turn a flag on (I'll need this later!).
		If not, attempt to load IOS35.

Check if I'm running as SU regardless of the IOS.
	If yes, stay happy and follow my way
	If not, reload IOS36 as a last resort and follow my way.

These procedures assign values to 2 flags: cIOSmode and identifyworks. cIOSmode will evaluate to 1 if you are using IOS249 and identifyworks will evaluate to 1 if Gecko is running as SU.

Those flags are used when drawing/writing the menu. The rebooter options will only show if you have cIOSmode set on 0 and identifyworks set on 1. The Launch Channel relies on having identifyworks set on 1, if it's 1 it will show.

Ok, all these was just for academic purposes :D, if you didn't get anything you just have to know the following:
To have the launch channel menu you need ES_Identify in IOS 35, 36 or 249 (must be 35 or 36 if you want to have rebooter menu, which I don't think you want).

As for the Trucha bug, it's possible to get it on any [current] version of the system menu (I got it at 4.1), I'm not sure if I should talk about it here but since the application is even mentioned at MPlayer CE's page I will dare to tell you I used Trucha Bug Restorer to get Trucha on my wii. Do whatever you want under your own risk and responsability.

Have a nice day,
Aruskano
September 22, 2009 03:47AM
WaxyPumpkin72
I don't think you can on 4.1....Someone please tell me if I'm wrong.

You can but the methods are either illegal or legal and not supported here...
September 22, 2009 03:48AM
I see.
September 27, 2009 04:13AM
So let me see if I understand this. If I want Launch Channel, either way I need Trucha, but it's either illegal for my 4.1 Wii or not supported for that version.
September 27, 2009 05:04AM
The methods that are used to get trucha on 4.1 I don't think are supported here. Not illegal, just not supported here.

You could try using this, though, and then launch gecko os.
September 27, 2009 03:47PM
Pimp my wii, linked above, can get trucha IOS back on your wii. However, it is not supported here (I asked Arikado) and it will probably be removed from the wiki soon.
October 01, 2009 05:41PM
Well I need help with something else. I downloaded the Hackmii installer v0.5 onto the root of my SD card, but whever I go to the SD menu, the same message (that downloaded the Homebrew before) doesn't show up.
October 01, 2009 07:03PM
Rename the installer to boot.elf and put it in your sd card in /apps/hackmii0.5 (or any name of your taste), go and run it as a regular application in your old homebrew channel and update from there.

If you uninstalled the old homebrew channel, remember that when you used bannerbomb to install your old one you also replaced your private folder with another one. Read this to refresh your memory.

Have a nice day,
Aruskano
October 02, 2009 01:20AM
I tried bannerbomb, but it doesn't work, it may have to do with the 4.2 update.
October 02, 2009 02:12AM
Lol, you didn't mention you updated to 4.2. No, bannerbomb doesn't work. Read about the workarounds to it at the wiki.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login