Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Incompatible games? For instance...

Posted by PetMetroid 
Incompatible games? For instance...
October 12, 2009 06:46AM
I have a few homebrew games I would like to play on my Wii, however, they seem as though they do not work. Two examples of this are Smashing and CosmoRacketti. From what I remember right now, these two games start up (to what I believe is to be the game menu,) but the screen is completely distorted, like a static TV antenna reception. I am running the latest HBC, and I am on System Menu 4.1. I tried looking for others with this problem, but have had no luck. Can anyone shed some light to my unfortunate experiences?

BTW, some games and applications don't even load at all. My concern is also present with these mishaps, but I am not so interested in fixing these games or apps which do this.
Re: Incompatible games? For instance...
October 12, 2009 10:05PM
Sounds like you didn't set them up right on your SD Card. Delete them and download via the Homebrew Browser.
Re: Incompatible games? For instance...
October 13, 2009 08:14AM
I've been using the Homebrew Browser since I started brewing my Wii. I'm downloading from the Wiibrew site to visually see what is being installed. Each of the two examples have only one folder of contents which is placed in the apps folder.
I can be more specific though about what is happening:

CosmoRaketti launches a grey and white distorted menu (like TV static) which I think I can navigate through shortly before it crashes (with Linux code) and I have to shut off the Wii.

Smashing launches a vertically blurred reddish-purple like menu screen (what I think to be) which I am also certain that I can navigate through. However, nothing is legible or recognizable and I eventually just get stuck at a dead end option. [EDIT]I can also see the cursor icon, but that is also screwed up.[/EDIT]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2009 08:19AM by PetMetroid.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login