Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Installing Homebrew on Korean Wii's?

Posted by chwaga 
Installing Homebrew on Korean Wii's?
October 28, 2009 07:53AM
Hi,

I own a Korean wii (system menu 4.2k) and want to install Homebrew on it. For 4 days now I've been trying everything to install homebrew, but nothing has worked. I've tried everythin g, but so far nothing has worked. bannerbomb v2 doesn't work, it just freezes (I went down the list of other versions too). The other hacks involving games don't work because a) I don't own the games and b) I don't even think those games are out in Korea.

Does anybody know how to install the HBC on a Korean wii, or if it's even possible?

Thanks in advance :)
Re: Installing Homebrew on Korean Wii's?
October 28, 2009 10:23PM
HackMii Installer doesn't even work on Korean Wiis, so I'm afraid you have been trying in vain. The only way I can think of is to get a modchip if they are legal where you live, import Lego Indiana Jones and use the Indians Pwns exploit to run LoadMii. You wont be able to actually install HBC though, you'll have to load up LIJ anytime you want to run homebrew, and run LoadMii through it, and then run your homebrew from there.
October 29, 2009 07:27AM
I see.

Well, essentially what I'm trying to do is change my stupid wii's region to USA (which I know you can do through HBC). Are there any other ways to change the wii region?
October 29, 2009 08:44AM
As far as I know, you cannot change the region if the Wii is 4.2. (Installing 4.2U would brick your Wii)
November 01, 2009 04:45AM
Yes. System Menu 4.2 will produce an error upon launching if it is running on a region-changed Korean Wii.
November 01, 2009 01:35PM
There is way, I think. You need to patch IOS60v6147 to install to the IOS70 slot, then install it, and then you can seemingly run 4.2U on a Korean Wii. However, I wouldn't try it, as I'm not 100% sure, but a certain IOS modification pack, which is illegal and shall not be named, installs IOS60v6147 as IOS70, and apparently that allows you to use 4.2U or 4.2E or 4.2J on a Korean Wii. It makes sense, that #003 error may be a feature of IOS70, so using IOS60 in its place should fix the issue. However, unless you have BootMii as boot2 (which you obviously dont if you're trying to run HackMii Installer), I wouldn't try it.
November 09, 2009 11:52AM
Hi,

I have korean Wii with 4.2U menue. Can I install HBC on it. Can any one help how to do that.

Thanks in advance
November 09, 2009 12:30PM
Yes. BTW, how do you have 4.2U on a Korean Wii without error 003? Did you install cIOScrap?
November 09, 2009 11:35PM
SifJar
...run 4.2U on a Korean Wii... a certain IOS modification pack, which is illegal and shall not be named, installs IOS60v6147 as IOS70...

He had to have.

In any case, even if you could start the HackMii Installer, you couldn't install anything with it. I'm not sure why.

Disregard this. Follow SifJar's advice a few posts down.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2009 03:12AM by WikiFSX.
November 10, 2009 09:35AM
use loadmii instead to load applications, then follow sifjar's advice on IOS60 placed on IOS70 slot. then install sysmenu 4.2U. hope you won't kill your wii..
November 10, 2009 08:29PM
If you already have 4.2U, just run HackMii Installer (if it tells you there is no vulnerable IOS, reinstall IOS30 with dop-IOS MOD, its cIOScrap's fault) and install HBC.
November 13, 2009 01:37PM
how would be the safest way to install homebrew on a Korean Wii with 4.2k
and safely change the region ?
November 13, 2009 07:00PM
You MUST change the region to install HBC, and to change region you need trucha bug, and we cant tell you how to get trucha bug on 4.2. Sorry.
November 15, 2009 08:23AM
wouldn't changing the region first on 4.2k give the 003 error?
November 15, 2009 04:56PM
oh, yeah. You'd actually have to install IOS60 to the IOS70 slot, THEN region change. But still, you need trucha bug and i cant tell you how to get that.
January 03, 2010 03:57AM
Well this is before Trucha Bug Restorer was allowed on this forum...

EDIT: Also Arikado looks like people everywhere are using your app :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2010 04:01AM by Crisco.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login