Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii VPN Hack for multiplayer?

Posted by immortalsoule 
Wii VPN Hack for multiplayer?
November 03, 2009 03:48AM
I was kinda wondering if anyone's considered a VPN connection for the Wii? If successful, it could work the same way that it works for Windows, tricking the Wii into thinking both players are locally connected and fixing the multilayer problem for...well...every Wii game in creation.

I'm somewhat new to Wii modding but an old hand at operating systems and computers in general. However, i'm not a coder so i could only come up with a detailed idea of how to put it into play.

Anyone?
Re: Wii VPN Hack for multiplayer?
November 03, 2009 08:23PM
Um, the Wii doesn't have an option for local networked play, so this wouldn't work. The one way for multiplayer is A) online or B)on one console.
November 04, 2009 03:26AM
You might be able to VPN through a router with out internet connected to make it simulate the internet...
November 04, 2009 06:26PM
ninjafish1990
You might be able to VPN through a router with out internet connected to make it simulate the internet...

I think thats the opposite of what the original poster had in mind, but it could probably work.
November 05, 2009 04:39PM
That's the opposite of what they did for the Xbox back in the day, but it had the same principle. There, they simulated a LAN connection when connecting with someone over the internet, so you could play online without Xbox Live.

Nonetosay, I'm very interested in this.
November 05, 2009 07:58PM
loony636
That's the opposite of what they did for the Xbox back in the day, but it had the same principle. There, they simulated a LAN connection when connecting with someone over the internet, so you could play online without Xbox Live.

Nonetosay, I'm very interested in this.

I think that is what the OP wanted, but as I pointed out above, the Wii does not have LAN capabilities.
November 09, 2009 07:45AM
It too would like to see a WiiConnect simulator so you can connect multiple wiis without the Internet.
Of course there may be less motivation in this since WiiConnect is free... for now...
November 10, 2009 08:43PM
kieranmullen
It too would like to see a WiiConnect simulator so you can connect multiple wiis without the Internet.
Of course there may be less motivation in this since WiiConnect is free... for now...
Despite it's the opposite of what immortalsoule asked (as SifJar and loony636 said) it could be a good idea, it would require to reverse engineer and re-implement nintendo servers. Advantages would be : Be free from nintendo, maybe have faster servers (if they're private and for a small number of connected console), use wii networking in lan.
November 11, 2009 04:17AM
Or we can set up a private server, and redirect the wii's game server.
November 11, 2009 05:33PM
and how would you do that?
November 14, 2009 05:32PM
Some one would have to create a server. redirecting the game there is easy. Just run a dns program on your pc and change the urls the game needs to connect to the new server and it will connect. I do this for a game called Phantasy Star online on the gamecube.

But untill someone creates a server i wuld not hold my breath. It wont be untill 10 years from now probly
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login