Strange problem with my classic controller

Posted by dcelso 
Strange problem with my classic controller
November 05, 2009 07:49PM
Hello to all,
I bougth this classic controller,
[www.dealextreme.com]
(it is not an original accesory)
My problem is that It runs well with dvds games, virtual console and channels, but when I try any homebrew game that have classic controller support, my controller doesn't work. In the games that have controller selection this controller doesn't appear.

¿Do anybody have the same problem?
Re: Strange problem with my classic controller
November 05, 2009 07:57PM
I believe third party classic controllers are unsupported in libogc, so no app will work with them. The only way this will change is if support is added to libogc, which I'd guess isn't too likely, becuase devs have more important things to worry about than supporting every third party controller. sorry.
November 05, 2009 08:06PM
I don't know what will be the difference between the original but I have surprised that it runs well with the original nintendo wii games and runs bad with homebrew applications, it is contradictory, :).
I don't understand how the no original classic controler can deceive to the original games for its think that is an original classic controller and can not deceve to the homebrew applications :D.

And can i do a special version to do it?
November 06, 2009 03:54AM
Listen up smartass; libogc is very precise and the values spit out by these third party controllers dont match up with what we look for. Nintendo is very sloppy and will accept a wide range of values to be determined as an input. Unless one of us buys one of these controllers and figures out the exact values spit out by them, they will remain unsupported by our SDK.
November 06, 2009 04:58PM
Oh, ok, I understood.
I would mind extract all values for my controller, I only need know how to do it.
If you have or know an application to do it, I will extract all needed values for the community.
Anyway, I still think the better (and the correct) solution is to simulate the same things that the original nintendo driver do because this method ensures more compatibility with all existing accesories. So, using your words, we need to do libogc more sloppy :D.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2009 09:51PM by dcelso.
November 06, 2009 09:35PM
Well, if we make libogc to sloppy then we get buttons read as the wrong buttons and we get signal interference.

In order to return values from your connected controller you really need programming "skillz". (ie: You need to write custom homebrew software for the Wii that outputs the values on screen)
November 07, 2009 12:07AM
Arikado
Listen up smartass; libogc is very precise and the values spit out by these third party controllers dont match up with what we look for. Nintendo is very sloppy and will accept a wide range of values to be determined as an input. Unless one of us buys one of these controllers and figures out the exact values spit out by them, they will remain unsupported by our SDK.

They have some of these at Argos. Pretty good ones too. I'd probably give someone £15 to buy one, so I can use mine and play the most awesome game ever (earthbound) on a decent pad.
November 07, 2009 01:16AM
Talk to wintermute. I'm sure he'd be happy to do it.
November 07, 2009 08:49AM
OK. Not sure if I actually could though. I'll talk to him. I assume he works on libogc, correct?

EDIT: congrats on becoming an admin!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2009 08:51AM by metroid_maniac.
November 07, 2009 01:31PM
Actually, hes pretty much the main guy behind all of the devkitPRO toolchains and librarys. Hes always logged onto #wiidev on EFNET as WntrMute or WntrDeaf
November 09, 2009 12:38AM
If somebody could send me a program to extract all values (or sais me how to do) of the wii classic controller I would gladly share all values of my classic controller bought in dealextreme to can do support to it in libogc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2009 12:39AM by dcelso.
December 12, 2009 10:16PM
There is no fix for this yet? I have the same controller and wouldn't mind playing emulator games and not just VC..
December 12, 2009 10:25PM
I tried to do a fix involving a patched libogc, but i couldn't get the latest version of libogc to compile once i applied the patch, and SNES9X needs the latest libogc to compile. =(
December 13, 2009 12:13PM
Thanks for the effort!
Do you think it is a dead end or is there a way to compile the latest version of libogc?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2009 12:13PM by kimpan.
December 13, 2009 01:48PM
Of course there is.

What was your compile error?
December 13, 2009 11:06PM
Can't remember it was a while ago. I couldn't even get an unmodified version to compile for some reason. I'll maybe try again when I have time (maybe during the week, last week of school shouldn't have much work =P)
December 14, 2009 11:15PM
Any chance that this relates to the: "Nyko Frontman Wireless Guitar" problem?
[wiibrew.org]

It's the only guitar extention that I know of that doesn't work with a recent libogc (older versions had problems with anything newer then GH3)
December 15, 2009 10:22PM
Uh, what? They're talking about Classic Controllers, not Guitar Controllers...
December 16, 2009 01:47AM
But he's saying it might be related to that problem. anyways would it be possible to make an application that reads all the values from the controller then puts it into a .txt format then, you could upload it to a website and it would compile all the values giving developers the possibility of checking that forum? I know there could be some problems with that like uploading false information but it could be worth a try. ( I really have no idea how probable it is and I have no programming knowledge)
December 25, 2009 06:05PM
have anybody had time to look into this?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login