Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Scorched Earth

Posted by aronatvw 
Scorched Earth
November 22, 2008 08:17AM
So I was thinking that scorched earth would be an awesome game for the homebrew channle. Unfortunately I am to busy,(and lazy!) to even get into a homebrew project, I am strictly a huge fan of all the new and old homebrew! But I thought I'd shoot the idea out there hopefully to inspire someone! Even recently I've played a new scorched, it was 3-D, I think freeware, and you could play online, it was awesome. What do you guys think?

Tona edit: ugly_title--;

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2008 09:10AM by tona.
Re: !!!!SCORCHED EARTH!!!!
November 22, 2008 04:11PM
I like the idea, but unfortunately, I'm not very good at coding, so I couldn't make it.
November 22, 2008 05:30PM
link to the original?
November 22, 2008 11:54PM
[Deleted]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2008 11:56PM by Notsogr8one.
November 23, 2008 04:44AM
Scorched earth is one of those games where you control a tank thing and set a power and an angle, and then try to shoot other people. Here's a helpful link: [en.wikipedia.org]

I'm looking into starting homebrew development, although I had some other plans but this looks interesting. I might pick this up once I've got a bit of experience.
November 23, 2008 04:31PM
Thanks for the link.
November 25, 2008 03:11AM
Scorched3D is the 3d version of the game, and a Wii port would be awesome. Here's a link to it:

[www.scorched3d.co.uk]

I had a lot of fun with this at LAN parties in college.

When/if I get some free time, this would be a fun project to learn the API used for the Wii. iofthestorm: perhaps some collaboration is in order? PM me sometime if you get something started. I'll do the same :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login