Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TP Hacked Wii will not play games

Posted by unltd_00 
TP Hacked Wii will not play games
November 28, 2009 04:43AM
I bought a Wii last year. I lent it to my friend. I was happy when he wanted to use the TP hack on it to install homebrew, because I like interesting modifications to equipment that I own.

Today my girlfriend's much younger brother came over for the weekend and wanted to play my wii. I blew the dust off it and plugged it in (I have not used it since my friend gave it back in September). Before September it would play my authentic copy of super smash brothers brawl even though it was hacked.

He put in his authentic copy of Wii Sports Resorts today and the disc channel said it needed to update. So I put in smash brothers brawl and the disc channel still asked for an update. The console does not seem to play any disc games. I called up my friend who hacked the system originally and he was not competent enough to answer any questions about what is making this happen or what I should do. I called another friend who told me that my wii would brick if I updated.

I have done some homework, and the writings of a man named bushing have been very helpful. However I still do not fully understand a)the reason that this happened b) and what I should do now. Do I do the Nintendo update, or do I update using something available online?

Thanks for your help!
Re: TP Hacked Wii will not play games
November 28, 2009 04:54AM
What modifications did your friend do?
November 28, 2009 05:04AM
Your friend probably installed some severely outdated IOSes or deleted some IOSes (both stupid, stupid moves). Go ahead with the update, if anything breaks or you need help, talk to us.
November 28, 2009 05:15AM
If your friend downgraded your wii, updating with the game could brick it. Perform the update online (through the system settings) and your wii will be safe. Before doing this, I recommend that you update the Homebrew Channel to 1.0.6 if you have not already or else it will be deleted. To do this, just start the Homebrew Channel and it will prompt you to update if you have an internet connection on your wii.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2009 05:18AM by jbc007.
November 28, 2009 03:07PM
EDIT: Actually, do use the online update. If you don't know what has been done to your Wii, it might be bricked by a disc update.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2009 03:23PM by WikiFSX.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login