Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Texture Hacks

Posted by wildgoosespeeder 
Texture Hacks
November 29, 2009 08:52PM
How do you do texture hacks? I have seen them all over YouTube and have no idea how it is done or how to use them!

GBA Bowser Iron Castle 3 - Texture hack by KT?Turbo

SSBB hack: PSA battle 10: The onslaught that is falcon

And what about music replacement like in that SSBB video? How does that work?
Re: Texture Hacks
November 29, 2009 10:36PM
Heres a guide to brawl hacking But I didn't know there were also Mario Kart hacks! Gotta have them too!

Link Removed--Administrator

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2009 11:21PM by Arikado.
November 30, 2009 01:54AM
The methods for texture hacking aren't supported here.
November 30, 2009 03:26AM
WaxyPumpkin72
Isnt there a way to do it with Gecko OS and an SD Card? (I may be wrong)
November 30, 2009 03:29AM
Arikado
WaxyPumpkin72
Yes, with brawl. But not with Mario Kart.

I didn't see the guide that Molzo posted before it was edited out, and I assumed it was the Gecko OS/SD card method. On that assumption, I thought that the Gecko OS method wasn't supported here for some reason.

Does that make sense? :P
November 30, 2009 11:02AM
I've always had the urge to modify Mario Kart... It's just time consuming and requires hardware I don't have. As far as Brawl goes, I don't have a non-SDHC SD card
November 30, 2009 07:16PM
WaxyPumpkin72
Arikado
WaxyPumpkin72
Yes, with brawl. But not with Mario Kart.

I didn't see the guide that Molzo posted before it was edited out, and I assumed it was the Gecko OS/SD card method. On that assumption, I thought that the Gecko OS method wasn't supported here for some reason.

Does that make sense? :P

Yeah, I thought Gecko/Ocarina was supported here. And what even weirder is that Arikado tries to prove Brawl hacks are supported AFTER he removes my link. So this whole topic doesn't make sense at all... for now. Quite confusing though.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2009 07:19PM by Molzo.
November 30, 2009 10:35PM
the guide you linked to also covered "softmodding" your wii for "backups" and other illegal/unsupported crap.
December 01, 2009 02:52AM
thats why the link was removed
December 01, 2009 05:20PM
Sorry, didn't know you guys weren't strong enough to skip the homebrew channel installation part. Well, if anyone is still interested, i can put up a link to a youtube vid WITHOUT homebrew installation. And please don't tell me .pac files are illegal or i'll shoot myself.
December 01, 2009 08:28PM
Molzo
Sorry, didn't know you guys weren't strong enough to skip the homebrew channel installation part. Well, if anyone is still interested, i can put up a link to a youtube vid WITHOUT homebrew installation. And please don't tell me .pac files are illegal or i'll shoot myself.

?

The page you linked to contained a guide to backup loading crap which is unsupported here, so the link was removed.
December 01, 2009 11:46PM
The only thing not supported on that page was the youtube vid which explained how to install the homebrew channel (and unfortunately how to play backups) Seeing this is a homebrew forum and is only linked to from the wiibrew site, and the HBC guide is already explained there, most of you already have homebrew and would have easily skipped to the ACTUAL guide. And nothing in that guide is unsupported on this forum. Also, texture hacks require HBC so anyone who clicked that link probably has HBC installed. It's basically a matter of ignoring the installation of things you already have. Not so hard, is it? And what you get in the end is quite worth it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2009 11:48PM by Molzo.
December 02, 2009 12:05AM
If you want to debate this, do so with an administrator or moderator like yours truly who removed the link. Not with another member.

Now then, back on topic or lock.
December 03, 2009 08:37PM
So the reason texture hacking isn't supported here is because there are some illegal stuff being done during the process of creating/running the texture hack?
December 03, 2009 10:02PM
wildgoosespeeder
So the reason texture hacking isn't supported here is because there are some illegal stuff being done during the process of creating/running the texture hack?

If that's the case, I believe, yes, but it isn't the case for brawl as you can put your textures on SD.
December 03, 2009 10:17PM
wildgoosespeeder
No.
December 04, 2009 04:33AM
Arikado
wildgoosespeeder
No.

Then why isn't texture hacking supported here?
December 04, 2009 04:54AM
wildgoosespeeder
Arikado
wildgoosespeeder
No.

Because the process to do so could help pirates in their failing ways.

And actually, Arikado, the process used to texture hack MKWii could be done illegally.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2009 04:55AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
December 04, 2009 12:54PM
As long as texture hacks can be done legally and doesn't help pirates (as the case is with Brawl), I believe they are supported here.
December 04, 2009 07:57PM
wildgoosespeeder
Arikado
wildgoosespeeder
No.

Texture hacking IS, the site linked above ISNT.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login