Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

wii backup disc

Posted by hackvcs 
wii backup disc
November 30, 2008 01:58AM
ok I have been playing around with the wii backup disc aka gay fish disc, pink fish disc and I found something interesting. Awhile ago I broke my re-download rights with the wad manager (explained in previous post)
and was able to fix it. now I'm not quite sure how I did this but I can now re-download the internet channel.
I would like to know how many other people are playing around with the disc.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2008 02:32AM by hackvcs.
Re: wii backup disc
November 30, 2008 03:57PM
Well, where did you get your disc from?
November 30, 2008 04:58PM
what do you mean "broke your redownload rights"?
December 01, 2008 05:20AM
by breaking my re-download right I mean It couldn't re-download the internet channel, it a long story. long story short brother formated wii, installed wad, redownload rights/permission broken
The only reason i installed the wad was because I didn't know you could re-download channels.

tona edit: removed borderline safe information

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2008 06:00AM by tona.
December 02, 2008 03:37AM
First off, we don't support downloading games
Second off, You don't "play around"
Third off, This forum has rules, i suggest you read them, and should I.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2008 02:44AM by adamisgood36.
December 02, 2008 05:59AM
adamisgood36
Third off, This forum has rules, i suggest you read them
First off, he's talking about wii shop purchased games.
Second off, yes you do. (As long as you assume your own responsibility)
Third off, same goes for you.

hackvcs: Could you be a little more detailed in your reports?
I'm not fully certain what the implications of this are, or what exactly is going on (on a low level)
It would be nice to get a more detailed description of before and after, and what exactly you did.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2008 06:02AM by tona.
December 02, 2008 04:26PM
tona
adamisgood36
Third off, This forum has rules, i suggest you read them
First off, he's talking about wii shop purchased games.
Second off, yes you do. (As long as you assume your own responsibility)
Third off, same goes for you.

hackvcs: Could you be a little more detailed in your reports?
I'm not fully certain what the implications of this are, or what exactly is going on (on a low level)
It would be nice to get a more detailed description of before and after, and what exactly you did.

Before I could not re-download the internet channel, using the backup disc to back up all then delete all then restore all it fixed it I dont know how it happend.
December 02, 2008 09:14PM
did i miss something? isn't he talking about something that he could only get by illegal means?
Edit: If i am wrong i am terrible sorry for making assumptions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2008 09:20PM by adamisgood36.
December 02, 2008 11:02PM
adamisgood36
did i miss something? isn't he talking about something that he could only get by illegal means?
Edit: If i am wrong i am terrible sorry for making assumptions.

yes he is.
December 02, 2008 11:38PM
Wait, we can backup are system menu/save data on a disc, and then run said disc? That would be really useful in case of a brick or an update.
December 03, 2008 01:39AM
Arikado
Wait, we can backup are system menu/save data on a disc, and then run said disc? That would be really useful in case of a brick or an update.
no the disc is used in in repair shops and really doesn't do much I just found out it can repair your re-download rights.
warpedfish i am not doing anything illegal.
I am not at liberty to tell you where I got the disc and I am tired of people asking.
Go here for more info
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_Backup_Disc
December 10, 2008 11:16PM
So it sounds like he's saying he bought the channel, formatted the Wii, installed a pirate WAD of the same channel, and then discovered that it wouldn't let him re-download any of the other things he'd bought because of this. And something he did with the fish disc fixed it.

(What does "install dev certs" do anyway? An alternate signing key?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2008 11:17PM by HyperHacker.
December 11, 2008 02:57AM
HyperHacker
So it sounds like he's saying he bought the channel, formatted the Wii, installed a pirate WAD of the same channel, and then discovered that it wouldn't let him re-download any of the other things he'd bought because of this. And something he did with the fish disc fixed it.

(What does "install dev certs" do anyway? An alternate signing key?)

Finally some gets it. It was my baby brother who formatted my wii though. and it was only the channel with the wad that I installed and I felt so guilty.(-_-);
also when you choose Install dev certs, it shows a message saying installing development certificates but they wont in stall because I think you need them on your sd card and I dont have.
The most scary thing is the ISO of the disc has been leaked and the disc allows you to transfer the license to download VC games.
BTW I gave the disc back to the person who gave it to me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login