Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bootmii

Posted by strongfan 
Bootmii
November 30, 2008 11:16PM
so... how will this work? Will I have to open up my wii or anything? Or do I just run a hack? Can it possibly brick my Wii?
Re: Bootmii
December 01, 2008 04:10AM
Read the HackMii post. Really. Not even the whole thing. Just the first part. And it will tell you.
December 01, 2008 04:14AM
1. Read Bootmii article on both Wiibrew wiki and Hackmii blog

2. Bootmii is entirely software-based. The installation will be pretty much similar to HBC.
December 01, 2008 10:55PM
However, I wonder: If something goes wrong during bootmii installation (e.g. power loose or something like this) will you be able to recover your Wii?
December 02, 2008 01:04AM
if any channel installation (HBC, downgrading sysmenu, bootmii, patchmii, etc) goes wrong it could brick the wii....
December 03, 2008 07:52PM
Well that is true too but there at least you might have a chance for that to don't happen (normal channels) or at least to be able to "unbrick" it after all it is "just a channel". Not a systemmenu or boot2-code like with bootmii :)
December 10, 2008 11:12PM
If it's designed with any sense at all, the very first thing it will do is install the recovery code. So you would have a window of a few microseconds, while that code is being written to flash, where your Wii will be hosed if the power is lost. After that it'd be possible to boot from SD to try again.
December 13, 2008 12:14PM
HyperHacker
If it's designed with any sense at all, the very first thing it will do is install the recovery code. So you would have a window of a few microseconds, while that code is being written to flash, where your Wii will be hosed if the power is lost. After that it'd be possible to boot from SD to try again.
boot2 is small. BootMii is also going to be small. We're talking about seconds from "installing" to "installed," if that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2008 12:14PM by tona.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login