Posted by jassim 
a little problem with my dvd drive
December 01, 2008 07:38PM
NOTE: please do not post if you want to say the following

1) learn to be patient
2) take ur DVD out when loading the homebrew channel
3) delete the homebrew channel
4) z0mg m4n 1t5 n0t 4 b1g d34l

im looking for a solution whereby i have a dvd inside my wii, i load the homebrew channel and my wii doesnt try reading the dvd right after i click start on the homebrew channel.

ok this problem came to me sometime between when i first upgraded to 3.3v2 to when i downgraded to 3.2. its really annoying, heresthe problem i have

problem: turn on wii, dvd drive is spinning (so far so normal) i click on homebrew channel, i click start, right after that, screen goes black and disc stops reading immediately (still normal), the screen stays black and the dvd drive tries reading dvd again, stops trying to read dvd wait 10 seconds then homebrew channel finally comes up.

this migth seem like nothing but imagine u had to do this each and every single time you wanted to play a game and while its spinnin ur thinkin "OH FOR **** SAKE WATS THE ****IN POINT OF SPINNIN AGAIN FFS!!!"

also ive noticed its not jsut the homebrew channel, its with the ocarina wad as well and the wiishop channel except for the wii shop channel, its stops reading the disk wen i press start within 2 seconds it starts reading again and after about 5 seconds the channel appears and the disk continues spinning

anyone got any solutions

thx in advance
Re: a little problem with my dvd drive
December 02, 2008 04:24PM
What version of the HBC do you have?
December 06, 2008 03:05PM
i have HBC 9
December 08, 2008 10:42AM
Why not try and install the HBC again (fresh install). Ive not heard of this problem before.
December 08, 2008 08:49PM
oh i forgot to mention tis with all channels except the disk channel for obvious reasons. it does this with gecko os, ocarina, the hbc and all my VC/WW games
December 09, 2008 02:23AM
Never mind :).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2008 06:33AM by icefire.
December 09, 2008 05:47AM
icefire
PIRATE! Custom channels except HBC are illegal.
Not really. Their distribution is illegal. And he's not really discussing that point, so there's no reason to antagonize him.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login