Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Emulators Wanted

Posted by Arikado 
Re: Emulators Wanted
November 03, 2008 09:48AM
Just to note, PCSXGC (or WiiSX, to use a more clear abreviation) source has already been released on Google Code page: [code.google.com]

I didn't tested yet (I will try this week), but I already have it compiled, if anyone wants the pack, send a PM (no public link)
November 03, 2008 08:31PM
I have just tested it... but all it did was a code dump ( hmmm... maybe I am doing something wrong... )there is a "debugwiisx.elf" file in the WiiSX folder too... should that even be on the card? I ripped my Tony Hawk Pro game to a ISO and Final Fantasy 9 to a bin, but I never got a chance to pick them to test. With Rev. 46 I was able to get it started, but very slowly, and graphics were bad... Keep up the good work guys!

I'll try some more and let you know how it goes.

EDIT - UPDATE

I deleted the"debugwiisx.elf" file and changed the folder with the games in it to "PSXISOS" (this is NECESSARY!)

I then got the option to select either the FF9 bin or TH ISO... the iso brought me straight to a code dump, the bin played a highly pixelated intro then went to the opening screen. I selected new game and the wii went to a code dump again... So no playing yet.

I will rip my Tony Hawk game to bin and see if it orks better, and I'll try ripping a REALLY simple game called "Turnabout" and see if it will emulate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2008 09:00PM by DrLucky.
November 03, 2008 09:00PM
i cant seem to get Wii64 to work. its loads and everything but then it just freezes. lol why? if you could tell me exactly what folders and files to put on my SD card then thanks.

also how do i get the NES emulator to appear as a channel. like how the HBC appears as a channel, how do it get the NES to do the same. i dont wanna go through the HBC and then to the NES emu.

Is it possible to do that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2008 09:00PM by KruperTrooper.
November 03, 2008 09:04PM
KruperTrooper
i cant seem to get Wii64 to work. its loads and everything but then it just freezes. lol why? if you could tell me exactly what folders and files to put on my SD card then thanks.

also how do i get the NES emulator to appear as a channel. like how the HBC appears as a channel, how do it get the NES to do the same. i dont wanna go through the HBC and then to the NES emu.

Is it possible to do that?

Wii64 doesn't work too well yet...but some games work out ok... There has to be a "N64ROMS" folder and a "N64SAVES" folder in the SD card root.

There are NES emulator channels, but you'll have to PM someone who knows about them or look elsewhere... they say that banner editing to make the channel is a pirate thing...long story there though...
November 03, 2008 09:10PM
ah okay thanks DrLucky
November 03, 2008 09:11PM
1Wii64 doesn't work very well yet because its still in development

2WiiSx doesn't work very because its still in development and because there is no official documentation on how to set it up since there hasn't even been a public release yet

3This topic is for discussion of emulators you would like to have made, not about emulators already being made. We already have two Wii64 topics for it's discussion. A WiiSx topic may not be a bad idea either.

SOOOOO... If you are not contributing to discussion of emulators you would like and/or posting links to portable versions of them, please discuss whatever you are discussing somewhere else.

Thanks,
Arikado

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2008 09:11PM by Arikado.
November 03, 2008 09:14PM
okay sorry my bad
November 03, 2008 09:39PM
Sorry... got carried away!

I am testing the newest WiiSX, but not an "official" tester (if there are any)... should I still start a new thread about it?
November 03, 2008 10:55PM
Yes, start a thread about. And to be fair, it's my fault a little. I should more actively monitor my topics.
November 04, 2008 09:53AM
Ehhh, sorry Arikado...
November 05, 2008 08:57PM
Doesn't anyone except me want a Nintendo DS emulator??? Would be really nice to use the touch screen function trought the wiimote!! ;D
November 05, 2008 10:28PM
yeah... a DS emulator would be pretty nice... I think the DS is around the same level as the N64... correct me if I'm wrong...
November 08, 2008 01:23PM
Okay, nice!

Do you know the name of that emulator?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login