Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Emulators Wanted

Posted by Arikado 
Emulators Wanted
August 10, 2008 06:54PM
The goal of this topic will be to keep a list of emulators we still need as well as links to the best emulators to port to the Wii. Hopefully, this topic will jumpstart some talented coders looking for a project that would benefit everyone. If said coders ever need any help, please PM me. This first post will be edited regularly, so please tell me what I'm missing from below.

PSX/PS1
PSX/PS1 Emulators

PSP
PSP Emulators

Virtual Boy
Virtual Boy Emulators

Sega Saturn *Whoops this one's been made but its a little slow so feel free to make another
Seag Saturn Emulators

Sega Dreamcast
Sega Dreamcast Emulators

Atari Jaguar
Atari Jaguar Emulators

Intellivision
Intellivision Emulators

Amiga
Amiga Emulators

Gamecube
Gamecube Emulators

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2008 11:39PM by Arikado.
Re: Emulators Wanted
August 10, 2008 07:54PM
the latter 4 have been made check wiibrew.org

and the psp and psx are getting worked on check google code
August 10, 2008 10:28PM
I knew that psp and psx were in development, but I figured I would list them anyway seeing as there has been no actual release yet. I couldn't find an emulator for virtual boy, dreamcast, or jaguar on wiibrew.
August 11, 2008 01:29AM
Well you forgot to mention a intellivision emulator
here
August 11, 2008 01:35AM
Yes, I love Intellivision. Although that would be pretty hard to map about 16 buttons on a controller nowadays.
August 11, 2008 03:15AM
How about an Amiga emulator? A port of the UAE emulator would be great!
August 11, 2008 04:24AM
Added Amiga to the list!
August 12, 2008 03:49AM
August 12, 2008 05:24AM
umm what would be the point of a gamecube emulator when gamecube games run natively on the Wii?
August 12, 2008 05:53AM
Some of the input isn't directly compatable with the wii (i think)
August 12, 2008 11:40PM
I don't see much point in gamecube either (aren't pirated gamecube games in .dol format)... But I threw it on anyway!
August 13, 2008 01:11AM
The Wii's hardware is based on the ngc so all gamecube games play flawlessly thats like asking for a Wii emulator on the Wii.
August 13, 2008 02:33AM
Actually I believe this would only benefit people who wanted to play pirated games. I don't support piracy. Don't take this as a fanboy statement but the only reason the psp's software sales are so low is due to piracy. I feel that the psp (and pc especially) miss out on a lot of great games because of piracy. So please don't pirate games.
August 13, 2008 02:36PM
I agree with Arkiado, It's easier to download a game, but your killing the future of games when you do :(
August 14, 2008 12:06AM
actually, your right if we do port a gamecube emulator to the wii, people will pirate.
But if we port a old game system emulator, people will be more obligated to pirated.
So yes there is no point of a gamecube emulator for the wii
unless your game is broken.
But people will use it for piracy so it is a bad idea.
Unless you have to type in the registration code of the game.. But people would find away around that
August 14, 2008 05:26AM
Having said all this, $8 is way to much for Super Mario World (which came free with my SNES) so go ahead and use Snes9x to pirate it. I feel as though most virtual console games are actually way overpriced. I'll save my money for wiiware thank you.
August 22, 2008 03:42PM
To be honest, if Nintendo released the C64 emulator (without being tied to a specific game), I would certainly use my Wii Points on that!
August 22, 2008 03:52PM
Never cared about commodore that much. I was more into the Atari 800.
August 23, 2008 02:03PM
This doesn't belong here, but the Saturn Emulator was mentioned. How do I get my Saturn games isos onto the comp, onto the SD, and finally onto the Wii?
August 23, 2008 02:33PM
@CLXrsist

On the computer - through a site that lets you download those isos

Onto the SanDisk - copy, paste or send

Onto the Wii - install the emulator, put the isos in a special folder in the root
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login