Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Japanese health and saftey problem error

Posted by davidchi 
Japanese health and saftey problem error
December 21, 2009 06:13PM
I was going to use softmii to change my wiis theme instead it makes my wii turn Japanese and then freeze.

the wii freezes also in the health and saftey crap and then turns and also turns everything Japanese and tells me to go to this place called ique.com

PLEASE HELP
Re: Japanese health and saftey problem error
December 21, 2009 07:35PM
BTW, both Softmii and themes are fail, and are not supported here. But if you want to get rid of the theme, we can help you do that. ;) If you can run homebrew, use Dop-IOS MOD to install the latest System Menu for your region. That should get rid of the theme.
December 21, 2009 08:02PM
i cant get to the homebrew channel
December 21, 2009 08:36PM
Did you have BootMii as boot2? If not, what where you doing messing with themes? What about preloader? If you have neither, do you have a modchip? What System Menu do you have?
December 21, 2009 10:19PM
where do i get this boot 2? and also i was trying to change the main menu
December 21, 2009 11:30PM
Bootmii boot2 can be installed via the Hackmii Installer. SifJar is asking if you had previously installed it when you installed the HBC.
December 22, 2009 12:22AM
davidchi
where do i get this boot 2? and also i was trying to change the main menu

I know what you were trying to do, my point is you shouldn't be messing with dangerous crap without brick protection. It is too late for you now, and your wii is most likely irrecoverably bricked. But answer my questions anyway: what System Menu do you have, and do you have a modchip?
December 22, 2009 12:38AM
my system menu is 3.2
December 22, 2009 01:04AM
and whats a modchip?
come on im only 12
December 22, 2009 02:12AM
davidchi
and whats a modchip?
come on im only 12
and you're trying to mess with your Wii even though you have no idea what you are doing?
December 22, 2009 02:17AM
davidchi
and whats a modchip?
come on im only 12
A modchip is something you attach to the Wii's disc drive to play "backups" (which are not supported here BTW). Anyways, it doesn't really matter what your age is, but you should read something through thoroughly before modifying anything. If you do not have Bootmii/boot2, or preloader, your only choice is to send your Wii to Nintendo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2009 02:17AM by gameboy13.
December 22, 2009 04:24PM
If you had a modchip, you would have another option, but as you're only 12 and seem to know practically nothing about this stuff, I wouldn't advise you to get one. Send it to Ninty, but be warned they may charge you way more than normal because you have "unofficial modifications", but it is unlikely they will (most cases I have heard of they do not).
December 22, 2009 08:16PM
look iv been doing this haking stuff for 1 year but u guys sure that i should send it to nintendo? isn't it possible tha i could just take the memory out of the wii and delete everything?
December 22, 2009 08:39PM
wow for a whole year? l33t!

take the memory out of the wii and delete everything? yep, that should fix your problem.
December 22, 2009 08:57PM
mdbrim
wow for a whole year? l33t!

take the memory out of the wii and delete everything? yep, that should fix your problem.

@davidchi: Because you don't strike me as too bright, I feel I should point out that mdbrim's post was sarcasm.
December 23, 2009 12:23AM
how do i take the memory out of the wii? i also called nintendo and they declined it
December 23, 2009 12:44AM
davidchi
how do i take the memory out of the wii? i also called nintendo and they declined it
Nintendo isn't just going to decline a repair. What did they ask you? Did they ask you about "unsupported software" or anything like that? BTW, as SifJar just said above, taking the memory out of the Wii was sarcasm.
December 23, 2009 01:45AM
i just told them that i had a friend to install the channel and i said i had no idea what he did and i cant remember who that guy was but nintendo still declined

please my dad is going to ground me for 9 months
December 23, 2009 02:14AM
What do you mean they declined? Did the guy literally say they won't repair it?
December 23, 2009 02:25AM
yeah they did say that they will not repair
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.