Advanced

Japanese health and saftey problem error

Posted by davidchi 
Re: Japanese health and saftey problem error
December 23, 2009 02:26AM
Did they give you a reason?
December 23, 2009 02:59PM
I think that the US division is doing the right thing. If the damage done to your Wii has obviously nothing to do with homebrew or modifications (you have a dead DVD drive but also happen to have the HBC installed) they will fix it. However, if you do what this kid did and brick your Wii by blindly installing a theme, they won't help you.

You might be able to fix it with an Infectus by installing BootMii/boot2 if your Wii is old enough. You will have to buy and install the Infectus. Let me stress that if your Wii is 18 months old (or so) or less, this will not work. However, installing an Infectus could also allow you to use a recovery disc.

You could send it into Nintendo. They probably will just tell you to get a new Wii. In any case, it will cost money.

You probably will be grounded.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2009 03:01PM by WikiFSX.
December 23, 2009 02:59PM
the warranty expired when i downloaded something
December 23, 2009 03:02PM
Nintendo (in the US) has been known to fix problems unrelated to homebrew on Wiis with homebrew. Your problem is very much related to homebrew, and thus, there is no way that they will fix it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2009 03:03PM by WikiFSX.
December 23, 2009 03:34PM
heres the link to video to show what happened to my wii

[www.youtube.com]
December 23, 2009 03:56PM
On a side note, iQue is the Chinese version of the Wii.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2009 03:56PM by gameboy13.
December 23, 2009 04:06PM
yeah i know
December 23, 2009 04:37PM
gameboy13
On a side note, iQue is the Chinese version of the Wii.

Slightly inaccurate. Its more like Nintendo's Chinese division. There are many iQue consoles. There is an iQue version of N64 and DS, and probably GBA, GC etc too.
December 23, 2009 06:03PM
yeah how do i fix it
December 23, 2009 06:28PM
davidchi
yeah how do i fix it
As WikiFSX said, you cannot fix it without an Infectus modchip. You are probably going to have to buy a new Wii if you don't want to buy a modchip.
December 23, 2009 08:02PM
An Infectus is the best choice if it is an older Wii, and is simply a choice if it is a newer Wii.
December 23, 2009 11:11PM
fine where do i get a modchip is it an sd card?
December 23, 2009 11:54PM
No, it's a chip that you have to solder onto your wii. (there are other ways of connecting it.)
December 24, 2009 12:09AM
could you guys show me a link how to use it and were to get it?
December 24, 2009 03:42AM
You could always use google and find a good place with instructions and ordering info.

I'm assuming you don't know how to solder (a process in which two or more metal items are joined together by melting and flowing a filler metal into the joint), so my suggestion is to save up for a new wii / and or take your grounding... heck the price of the gear you'll need to complete this mod will be halfway to a new wii anyway.

Edit: removed the parts of my post that were not in keeping with the Holiday spirit...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2009 03:15PM by mdbrim.
December 24, 2009 02:05PM
You can pick up an Infectus at [www.electronicsmod.com].

They're about 65 bucks, plus shipping, and you need to be able to solder.
December 24, 2009 10:14PM
Totally not surprising. You just used an application that was full of fail. And why it's fail, it modifies the System Menu in a ridiculous way and is by 99% chance illegal too.

Your only chance is to buy a new Wii or use Infectus to install BootMii/boot2 if you can.

When/if you get the new Wii, the first thing you should do is install BootMii and/or Priiloader for brick protection. And avoid using ANY applications that hinder with System Menu and are not supported here, just so you won't brick it again.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2009 10:15PM by Matoking.
April 20, 2010 06:25AM
same it does that same thing wow i need help
April 20, 2010 04:12PM
jacobseager
same it does that same thing wow i need help

A better description would be nice. I can't possibly help you if you don't tell me exactly what is wrong and what caused it. Please tell us everything that you installed on your wii, and exactly what is wrong with it right now. In fact, Davidchi's brick could have been easily fixed, but no one gave him a good answer, most likely because of his poor description of the problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2010 04:12PM by jbc007.
April 20, 2010 06:48PM
I wonder if the original kid got grounded...
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.