Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trouble installing Homebrew Channel

Posted by Healed 
Trouble installing Homebrew Channel
December 04, 2008 04:26PM
Hey everyone, I've never modded anything before, so I'm sorry if this is a stupid question to ask, but I just can't find anyone with this same problem.

I have an european Wii with the 3.1E firmware. I use a 1Gb SD formatted on FAT, with the following in it:
private/wii/title/rzdp/data.bin
boot.DOL

I start by copying the save file to the Wii memory, and then loading it in Twilight Princess. Then I speak to the guy. Then the black screen appears, and the line "start cluster:ffff" just keeps appearing over and over, until it freezes.

Anyone know what's wrong?
Re: Trouble installing Homebrew Channel
December 04, 2008 05:08PM
make sure you are using the right version of the Twilight Save hack....
December 04, 2008 06:16PM
I am using the one for 3.3 or older. I assume it's compatible, but I'm not sure.
December 04, 2008 06:17PM
did you check your Zelda disc to make sure you have the right version? (There are 2 different save hacks for the < 3.3)
December 04, 2008 07:20PM
Yep. It's the EU version, and I'm using the rzdp version, just like the instructions say.
December 04, 2008 07:54PM
The other two easy ones to check:
Did you have an old non-twilight-hack save file for Twilight Princess in the Wii already (had you played it). Accoring to the instructions, you must already have a save of the game even if it's going to be deleted.
If all else fails, try re-formatting your SD card making sure to use the FAT file system and start over.
December 04, 2008 08:07PM
@TheManuel: That's not the issue. He obviously got the save installed.

@Healed:
Try reformatting your SD card. There are some guides on wiibrew.org of how to do it. The "Official SD Card Format tool" (google it) is also known to be good.

It sounds like it's having trouble finding the file system on your SD card, finding the boot.dol, etc.
December 04, 2008 08:43PM
tona
@TheManuel: That's not the issue. He obviously got the save installed.

I have no business giving advice on homebrew since I only installed it two days ago but, hey, I did tell him to try reformatting the SD card so maybe I go lucky :-)
December 04, 2008 09:05PM
Tried using the official format tool, but after using it I can't put anything in the card, because the computer tells me it's not formatted and asks me to format it again.
December 05, 2008 06:59AM
Try a different card. Often some just dont work.
December 05, 2008 10:10AM
If you have Windblows, this may help you:

I had an SD card that was causing my XP computer to freeze when I tried copying stuff over to it.

Here's what I did, and it has been working fine for several weeks:

1) used the HDD Low Level Format Tool from HDDGURU.com
2) right clicked on My Computer, chose "manage", manged discs, right clicked the SD card and told it to format

After 1, the Panasonic SD format utility wouldn't work on the SD card.
At step 2, there was no choice between FAT32 or FAT, it picked FAT.

Now my computer doesn't lock up when trying to copy to that SD card (must have been hitting a stuck spot)

card is a 2GB Kingston, says made in Japan.

Maybe this will help...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login