Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Connecting several Wiimotes

Posted by idefixmatrix 
Connecting several Wiimotes
January 08, 2010 01:24PM
Hello,

I hope I was not too dumb to find the answer my self. I really tried to look everywhere....

I cannot connect several Wiimotes in the the Homebrew Channel, or in a program started from the Homebrew Cannel.

I am trying to write my own small Homebrew project at the moment. I succeeded to connect to the first Wiimote and the BalanceBoard in this program I write.

But it is not possible for me to connect more than one Wiimote. Connecting in any Nintendo game or the Homemenu is not a problem.

When I enter the Homebrew channel with 2 Wiimotes connected, both of them lose their connection, but the first one reconnects by pressing any button. The second one does not do this.

As I mentioned this is not just a problem of the program I currently write, but also of all the other Homebrew programs, that should work with multiple Wiimotes.

Can you please help me, or explain why this is like it is?

Thanks!!!
Re: Connecting several Wiimotes
January 08, 2010 03:21PM
Sync the wiimotes. Google it or refer to the wii manual if you cannot figure out how. If that doesn't help, ask here again.
January 08, 2010 03:49PM
Thanks a lot!!!

I did not know, that it is possible to permanently connect more than one Wiimote to the Wii. Without that knowledge this is really hard to solve. As I mentioned I googled all day but didn't find anything.

So I think that there is no way to connect Wiimotes that are not permanently connected to the Wii in Homebrew software, is there?
Because in all comercial games there is always an option to connect more Wiimotes. And I did not find this option in any Multiplayer game in the Homebrew Browser.....

Anyway thanks a lot.
January 08, 2010 06:43PM
That's correct, there is no support in homebrew for "guest" controllers. You have to sync your controller at the Wii menu or in-game with the red buttons first.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login