Advanced

Nintendomax Wii Dev Competition 2010

Posted by Cid2mizard 
Nintendomax Wii Dev Competition 2010
February 01, 2010 12:57PM

Objective Contest :
- Create a homebrew for the Wii.

Presentation :
- Deadline: May 30, 2010 at midnight your time.
- Categories: Games.
- Duration: 4 month.
- Theme: Completely free.

Rules :
- Everyone can participate, regardless of the country.
- All games submitted must be unpublished TOTALLY on Wii. This implies that no project shall be presented was posted on another website before the close of the competition and must not have competed earlier under penalty of being automatically removed.
- The project progress can be posted during the contest period (WIP, Previews, videos, etc.).
- A Splashscreen will be posted april 5, 2010 after a competition for designers organized by us.
- The splashscreen will be the first image to appear in the project and will be posted at least 5 seconds. Transitions and all types of effects are allowed.
- Participants may submit 1 or more projects.
- The ranking of the competition will be defined by a jury of 10 persons (2 staff nintendomax, 1 Assentek, 1 Divineo and 6 representatives of almost all the French community). No public vote.
- The classification criteria are multiple (originality, graphics, life, gameplay, personal notes, stability / bug, etc ...), a report will be posted after the vote.
- Competition results will be posted June 30, 2010.

See complete rules.
Re: Nintendomax Wii Dev Competition 2010
February 01, 2010 08:58PM
This should be in off-topic at best, not really sure it should be here at all, may fall under "Advertising" which afaik is against the rules...Although as it is pretty related, I guess it would be OK in off-topic.
February 01, 2010 10:03PM
Advertising yes but it is in the interest of the homebrew scene, it's a simply compo for developer...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2010 10:04PM by Cid2mizard.
February 02, 2010 12:01AM
SifJar
This should be in off-topic at best, not really sure it should be here at all, may fall under "Advertising" which afaik is against the rules...Although as it is pretty related, I guess it would be OK in off-topic.
This benefits homebrew developers, not the site itself, so I don't mind. I also don't mind it being in homebrew general as it has more than enough to do with general wii homebrew.
February 14, 2010 10:43PM
Are there any people who are participating ?
February 15, 2010 02:11PM
I might, with a group of people. We have a pretty good idea for a game, and started on some of the artwork. But we need to work out a ton of stuff before we are ready. So we might not make the deadline.
February 28, 2010 11:35PM
There are only 3 months to get started in competition :)
March 03, 2010 11:54PM
Hey, would some people be willing to partner with me on this? I am a total n00b and can't code at all, but I have an idea for a game that could be done well very easily if someone could help. Please send me a personal message if you would like to form a group with me! I can't tell you how much it would be appreciated!
March 04, 2010 12:16AM
aidman650: Telling what game it is would make more people interested I guess. ;)
March 04, 2010 02:03AM
Ok, It is a platformer based on the concept of an iPhone game called falling balls. turn the phone to run away from falling balls. pretty simple but addictive with the way it is made. it could be done on the wii by tilting the wii remote to move back and forth across the screen. I hope someone would like to help!
March 28, 2010 11:37PM
More 3 days for splashcreen competition :)
April 09, 2010 10:04AM
Splaschscreen is official

May 02, 2010 10:44PM
Deadline 1 month
May 16, 2010 11:59PM
remaining 14 days
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login