Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NEEDS HELP DESPERATELY!!!

Posted by minutemadeinc 
NEEDS HELP DESPERATELY!!!
February 10, 2010 09:52PM
My uncles wii won't play any original games from the disc menu, nor any other loader, my friend decided to try and mod it to play b urned games (which i want to remove these mods not use them) and now the disc channel will not load any games!!! Can someone tell me step by step how to fix this? I need to return the wii soon and with it in unworking condition I don't have the money to replace his wii. Tell me the information I need to give so you can help me.

Things I KNOW were installed at one point:
started with 3.1u menu
then I homebrewed it to play movies.
My uncle updated to 4.2u after prompted while i was gone ( he didn't know not to do that)
so I downgraded to 3.2u

my friend came over to my house after my uncle let me borrow the wii and decided to install c IOS CORP 3.5 and then 3.6 ( I know im not supposed to post about this but this is only so u know what has been done to this wii)
He also installed menu 4.2u again
somewhere between the stars the disc channel stopped working.
Re: NEEDS HELP DESPERATELY!!!
February 10, 2010 09:58PM
Use Dop-IOS Mod to install the latest versions of all IOSes without patches. Also, if you downgrade and then update with a game disc, your wii will fully brick. Stay on 4.2 so you won't have this issue.
February 10, 2010 10:07PM
what about the stub ioses, can I upgrade those?
February 10, 2010 10:42PM
Reinstalling the ioses did not work, any other suggestions? do you need a sign check?
February 10, 2010 10:57PM
After reinstalling every single IOS for the wii (expect the ones that said korean) my discs still wont load, and gecko os stopped working.
February 10, 2010 11:11PM
Did you use any patches? Don't.
February 10, 2010 11:14PM
no I didnt use any patches and even removed cios249 which my friend had installed
can anyone talk to me on the wii help chat?
[www.mibbit.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2010 11:15PM by minutemadeinc.
February 10, 2010 11:21PM
Have you read both my topics I had on my issues, and what had to be done to fix it? I am in the wii help chat you had link in your post.
February 11, 2010 06:49AM
I discovered it is either the drive connections or the drive itself, after hours of help from the folks at the [www.mibbit.com] chat. Thank you to tpw_rules, Alam_Sque, Logan_A, Yossi, and Khold. Kudos to you!
February 13, 2010 04:59AM
Congratulations on finding the answer, if you need a replacement drive you can get one here
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login