Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

No display signal on bootup with SD card inside

Posted by tomecho2 
No display signal on bootup with SD card inside
February 15, 2010 11:54PM
I successfully added the homebrew channel and it's all working fine, but I noticed this morning that there's no display signal from my Wii with my SD card inside. I have to remove it, then turn on my Wii (then re-insert the SD card to run Homebrew)

The SD card is the one I use for loading Homebrew apps, and I have deleted all the installation files.

Does anyone else have this issue? Is this a side effect of installing Homebrew, or is this a common Wii problem?

Doesn't bother me too much, but I panicked a bit and thought I had bricked my Wii.

Ta!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2010 03:49AM by Arikado.
Re: No display signal on bootup with SD card inside
February 15, 2010 11:59PM
The little green light doesn't even switch on when you try to turn on your wii with the SD card inserted?
February 16, 2010 12:45AM
Oh i'm sorry - i misquoted myself ... the Wii turns on but there is no display signal to my tv. When I take the card out and turn the wii on again the signal works fine.
February 16, 2010 12:49AM
Do you have Bootmii installed as boot2? If you do, you may need to change the video mode in the bootmii.ini file to something supported by your TV. Or you could change it to autoboot the system menu. You can change these settings manually, or with BootMii Configuration Editor.
February 16, 2010 01:00AM
Ah yes, i am using boot2.

I didn't know that you had to configure the ini file for video settings. I will give that a try!
February 18, 2010 09:12PM
It might be a bootmii.ini corruption issue too... open it with a linux line ending friendly editor and see if it's truncated. it happened to me once when there was no space left on the sd card.
February 23, 2010 03:41AM
Thanks for all your help guys.

jbc007 - your idea of using the Bootmii config worked perfectly. I just changed my display setting to PAL60 instead of the default NTSC and it all works fine.

This is good info for anyone else with this problem.

Cheers!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login