Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mega Merged OMG Ninty's gonna update my Wii while I sleep thread

Posted by bushing 
Re: playing online with a softmodded wii ??
January 06, 2009 11:44PM
Oh yeah, I didn't think about that.
January 06, 2009 11:44PM
You can play games online without having wiiconnect24 on.
January 06, 2009 11:48PM
Arikado
I didn't know that... Well then, nevermind...
January 06, 2009 11:53PM
Unfortunately. using the shop channel, news channel, or weather channel requires wiiconnect24 to be turned on.
January 06, 2009 11:57PM
Arikado
thats the best news i heard all week...
January 07, 2009 12:00AM
By "softmodded" you mean using the backup loader...?
January 07, 2009 12:03AM
this doesn't realy matter for me, but if u have wiiconnect24 turned off.. can nintendo auto update you?? if u had 3.4U and agreed to the new agreement,.
January 07, 2009 12:05AM
Legally, yes they can. Technically, I dont believe its possible. Now please answer comex's question.
January 07, 2009 12:14AM
comex
ummmmmmmm i dunno.. i'm using installing the twlight hack to install the homebrew channel
January 07, 2009 12:18AM
Arikado
Legally, yes they can. Technically, I dont believe its possible. Now please answer comex's question.
i just thinking about a way around this.. if u format your wii u haven't read the agreement yet.. you only have to read the agreement if you turn wii connect24.. they can't auto update u if u haven't read the new agreement......
January 07, 2009 12:19AM
comex
By 'softmodded' newf means 'with the HBC and/or the Twilight Hack'
Re: Mega Merged OMG Ninty's gonna update my Wii while I sleep thread
January 08, 2009 01:54PM
Soo.. I'm guessing they can only update my wii if i agreed to the contract right... lol.. so what if i did.. and then i downgraded back to 3.2u... would that still apply or am i free from that contract like it never happened...
January 08, 2009 02:22PM
Technically, yes, you agreed to that change.
January 08, 2009 05:09PM
That sux...

So I've been reading about starfall & gamma... Any recommendations.. so I can skip and avoid these updates.. (I'll go for whatever is safer)

EDIT: Just got an idea... so in the 3.4 contract it does say about deleting files.. Such as the twilight hack.. so what IF i tried to put on the twilight hack and then i played and then i restarted my wii.. and its still there.. would that then mean that i am free from the 3.4 contract.. or would i be on 2 contracts or something (i'm confused :S)... because i would swear 3.2 comes with its own contract.. lmao

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2009 05:32PM by Legend28469.
January 08, 2009 06:44PM
yeah, but 3.2 is a different contract than the 3.4 one...

Starfall will always work, but a "safer" less permanent way would be to load GeckoOS with hooks... they will allow for region free, trucha signed discs, and update partition skips
January 08, 2009 07:03PM
Ok.. Thank you... and about wiiconnect24.. after GeckoOs ( with hooks ), would I be safe to leave that on... or should i turn it off
January 08, 2009 07:08PM
if you are on 3.2, you should be fine...
January 08, 2009 08:41PM
Legend28469
EDIT: Just got an idea... so in the 3.4 contract it does say about deleting files.. Such as the twilight hack.. so what IF i tried to put on the twilight hack and then i played and then i restarted my wii.. and its still there.. would that then mean that i am free from the 3.4 contract.. or would i be on 2 contracts or something (i'm confused :S)... because i would swear 3.2 comes with its own contract.. lmao

I'm not a lawyer, but I don't think contracts work like that. You can't just "revert" to an older contract because you don't like the conditions. I think you are always subjected to the most recent (chronologically) that you agreed.

That said, I doubt if Nin will chase anybody up specifically, esp' considering we don't know how the updates are being distributed yet.

I guess time will tell.
January 08, 2009 08:53PM
I don't think Nintendo has a copy of your "signed" agreement to 3.4... the evidence of agreeing is being on whatever system update present...
January 08, 2009 08:56PM
I catch your point(s)... thanks to you two for clearing that up.. I'm still gonna try redo-ing my twilight hack.. and i'll let you guys know if it deletes the save file..

EDIT: and i guess that will determine which contract i'm subject to

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2009 08:59PM by Legend28469.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login