Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mega Merged System Menu 3.4 thread

Posted by bushing 
Re: Wii system menu 3.4
November 18, 2008 07:52PM
HBC stayed, DVDX stayed, all the apps seem to work. I didn't have the twilight hack on there, it can be assumed that it would be deleted. Do not know if installations are blocked though. I have beta9
November 18, 2008 08:00PM
Exotahu
HBC stayed, DVDX stayed, all the apps seem to work.

I thought DVDX had been broken with the Oct 23rd updates...
November 18, 2008 09:27PM
So, 100% of people who have updated have NOT lost the HBC, correct?
November 18, 2008 09:27PM
TheManuel
Exotahu

Installing DVDX had been broken. Existing installations had not.

This new update does not affect no-modchip DVDX, but will break the patchmii_core installation for DVDX with modchips.

Edit: And PLEASE people, check This Wiibrew Aticle (System Menu 3.4) before posting questions/"findings" here. Everything on that page has essentially been confirmed.

And yes, we know that wiibrew.org is being really slow or timing out right now. You don't need to post about it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2008 09:33PM by tona.
November 18, 2008 09:29PM
TheManuel
Exotahu

No, just the DVDX installation was broke. The stub itself was not affected.

I'm kind of peeing with this update, anyway.
I just blocked nus.cdn.shop.wii.com on my router, in the case Nintendo wants my Wii to auto-update (although I don't leave WiiConnect24 enabled...)

EDIT: Oops, Tona was quickier :P

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2008 09:32PM by DanielHueho.
November 18, 2008 10:18PM
I'm kind of peeing with this update, anyway.

I agree.
Automatic updates would put a big damper on things for me...
November 18, 2008 10:45PM
Just to summarize/confirm/ask a few things;

-I still have FW 3.2U with the patchmii shop update, I can still have Wiiconnect24 and standby connection turned on since I'm not under the FW that allows for automatic updates yet right?

-Nintendo's 3.4 update disables patchmii but patchmii can still be used to fake the 3.4 update like the previous shop update?

-Mii channel updater is out and another patchmii updater to safely update all the other IOS's will be out?

-With the complete patchmii update (mii and any other updated IOS), will everything homebrew related still work as normal and will the automatic updating feature of the updated IOS be blocked even if Wiiconnect24 is on? and will online gaming still work?

-How will the patchmii update work for IOS254 (DVDx IOS right?), will it just be left out for us to install DVDx or will there be a patched version of Nintendo's IOS254 that will allow us to later install DVDx?

-Not too important but does anyone know if the mii extractor/installer still work with the updated mii channel?

-Also it seems like we will eventually have a collection of all the patchmii updates to avoid Nintendo's updates, we should probably make a new category in the homebrew applications page for these with all the patchmii updates in order.
November 18, 2008 11:09PM
Hopefully nintendo will be content with fighting unauthorized channels (to stop illegal vc) and cIOS (to stop backup loaders).

This should leave other homebrew unharmed.
November 18, 2008 11:28PM
TheManuel
How to block automatic updates? Turn of you wifi connection.

I wonder, should this not read "Turn off WiiConnect24"?
Would not the update come from WC24 but you can still be connected to the internet without getting the updates?
You're right. I wasn't thinking (been a little sick lately). So yeah, block automatic updates by turning off WC24.

tona
As far as any of us can tell, the rumors about the update deleting fakesigned content are just that--rumors.

Once installed, HBC b9 TMDs/tickets are pretty much the same as they were in b8 and b7. There was a change to support the Korean Common key or somesuch, but otherwise nothing.

The only homebrew content that will be removed is the Twilight Hack, and the patchmii IOS254 (known as "Patchmii_core" to some), which is the patched IOS necessary for modchip users.
Too true. At first everyone was saying stuff like they lost their HBC. Morons. Most of them never updated. And now that a brave few souls have, I'm pretty sure that no channels already installed get deleted by this latest update. So at the time, an old HBC was the only thing that made any sense. So yes, I was wrong (and now I'm rambling endlessly...).

Also, if Bootmii can install the homebrew channel we're all safe right?
November 19, 2008 12:59AM
I have a question about this Wiimpersonator log...

http://wii.marcansoft.com/wiimpersonator/reports/20081118-020104.log

According to this log, it says that three titles have been removed with this update. However, there appears to have been an error with writing the log, and it only shows IOS10 as being removed. Does anyone know what other two titles were removed with this update? Thanks in advance!
November 19, 2008 01:32AM
Will there be a release date for the new save game exploits that work with the wii menu 3.4 firmware? Cause I updated my wii today thinking it was fine because on the Wii Brew SD Installer 1.5 it says its compatible with the 3.4 wii system menu update, so I thought it was fine to update but I got screwed over.
November 19, 2008 01:37AM
manrayds
Will there be a release date for the new save game exploits that work with the wii menu 3.4 firmware? Cause I updated my wii today thinking it was fine because on the Wii Brew SD Installer 1.5 it says its compatible with the 3.4 wii system menu update, so I thought it was fine to update but I got screwed over.
yeah, i think there was some confusion when there was the October 23rd update. Some sites jumped to the conclusion that it was 3.4 when it was just an updated 3.3
November 19, 2008 02:00AM
DrMario
-I still have FW 3.2U with the patchmii shop update, I can still have Wiiconnect24 and standby connection turned on since I'm not under the FW that allows for automatic updates yet right?
Hopefully, but I'm not sure whether we know whether the automatic updating feature was already built-in to the Wii and they just changed the ToS so they wouldn't get in legal trouble. If it was, it might not matter what firmware you have, although I guess probably the old versions didn't force updates before so unless they had a flag for forcing the update that just wasn't set previously I guess old firmwares should be fine.
/armchair speculating
November 19, 2008 07:41AM
alberonn
I had the HBC installed, but it was an older version. I did the Wii System update and the HBC channel was still there. When I fired up HBC, it did it's own update and was working fine. However, several apps didn't work any more. I was getting a "Not valid Wii software" message. I do not know if that was due to the HBC channel update or the Wii update. The Homebrew Browser was one that didn't load; however, getting the newest version fixed that problem.
That's because of changes in the latest version of HBC, not anything Nintendo did.
November 19, 2008 09:05AM
Just a question, if i turn of wc24 will i be able to go to the shop channel?
November 19, 2008 01:16PM
SexyLegs
Just a question, if i turn of wc24 will i be able to go to the shop channel?

Yes
(assuming everything else is alright or up to date)

The shop channel does not depend on Wii Connect 24.

And I doubt automatic updates will either.
(Under German law I actually doubt that Nintenod can force updates)
November 19, 2008 04:47PM
Can i still update my wii to 3.3E by pressing "Update" button on the message that i got from Nintendo 23 October 2008 and said that the Wii Shop Channel Update is now available ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2008 04:48PM by QQQQ.
November 19, 2008 05:11PM
So to summarise so far:

A- Do not update to 3.4
B- If you do, you run the risk of losing DVDx, HB and The T hack
C- If you do, you alter your contract with Nintendo that says that they can auto-update in future
D- If you don't update, nothing changes but you can't access The Nintendo Channel (All other remain the same)

Please feel free to correct. Oh and I currently have HBC 9 and 3.2e on a PAL

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2008 05:12PM by col70.
November 19, 2008 05:28PM
You can't access the Nintendo Channel? lol that's funny as I deleted mine the day before this.
November 19, 2008 05:45PM
col70
So to summarise so far:
[...]
B- If you do, you run the risk of losing DVDx, HB and The T hack

DVDx and Homebrew in general still work. You loose the ability to do anything that requires Fakesigning! Therfore you can't install DVDx or anything else that is not signed by Nintendo.

QQQQ
Can i still update my wii to 3.3E by pressing "Update" button on the message that i got from Nintendo 23 October 2008 and said that the Wii Shop Channel Update is now available ?

Interesting question, but I guess the answer is no.
Clicking the update button will trigger the update process, which should install the latest updates.

Do you have any game, that brings 3.3 (post 2008-10-23) with it?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2008 05:55PM by daniel_c_w.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login