Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mega Merged System Menu 3.4 thread

Posted by bushing 
Re: problems with "ticket" -2011!
December 20, 2008 11:59PM
so i can switch system region and...how do i apply a downgrade? which one should i take?

another question...which Wii homebrew application make my Wii so i can use DVD-Rs on it? for example, a copy of a Sega Saturn or a Sega CD game (that i own) that i can play with the emulator. (or do the emulators use ISOs to play them?) or making a DVD with Wii homebrews, musics and videos on it to save space on your SD card, or playing DVD videos on your Wii (is that possible yet?)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2008 12:11AM by RaptorZX3.
Re: problems with "ticket" -2011!
December 21, 2008 12:31AM
most emulators have DVD support, but DVDx is needed... and you HAVE to downgrade for DVDx to work...
for ISO games, I would make a data DVD of a few iso's instead of burning the iso.

also, There is no Sega CD emulator, and the Saturn isn't quite 100%
Error code -2011 can't even install HBC anymore
December 20, 2008 10:51AM
My wii was 3.1U and US wii.

i did the twilight hack using zelda game and then installed the hombrew

but games didn't work so i used anyregionchanger and then installed 3.2u

everything worked fine after that

but problem went on because i installed the wiishopchannel update thing (so i can bypass the wiishop channel with 3.2u instaed of 3.4)

and then i downloaded the 'nintendo channel' just out of curiousity

but my problem is that now when i went to anyregionchanger it kept giving me warning saying (your system is not with the same region) or something and then it wouldn't show me the current firmware.

so i thought i might just format the whole wii and start all over cuz i thought something was wrong

but now that i formatted and i tried to go through the twilight hack again but its giving me that -2011 error and i can't even install HBC now

anyway to fix this? i dont see this in this forum...any updates for the twilight hack to bypass this?
Re: Error code -2011 can't even install HBC anymore
December 20, 2008 10:52AM
i looked up on google and it said that after 10/22/2008 update from wiishop channel or 3.4, it blocks all wad installation or something, so i'm thinking this is my problem with my wii.

my wii's 3.2u however, and i can't even install hbc right now.

so what can i do????????????? :(((((((((((((((
December 21, 2008 11:10PM
Try an updated version of the twiglight hack and homebrew channel.
December 22, 2008 04:24AM
Yes. The updated HBC installer will fix this. Error -2011 is "signature verification failed" -- see http://wiibrew.org/wiki//dev/es.
Re: Mega Merged System Menu 3.4 thread
December 26, 2008 09:56AM
i got need for speed underground for wii yesterday, but when i went to play it, it said i needed 2 update the system, is it safe to do this, or will it not work
December 27, 2008 02:11AM
Probably update is not a good idea. Use Gecko OS to boot the game without updating.
Re: Home Brew Channel Fail on Wii 3.4
December 29, 2008 01:20PM
Hey to all, new to this of kinda stuff, read all articles and visited youtube my problem is this. finally got it figured out on homebrew install, once it starts to almost finish get message that says, (You have Wii System menu version 385 (v24 USA) Home Brew Channel only tested on Wii System menu version 290 (v18) installation failed.)
January 01, 2009 03:46AM
My games stopped working completely, and the Homebrew Channel wouldn't work anymore. I updated my Wii, and vwalla. Everything worked.
January 07, 2009 05:51AM
Well if you have updated your system to 3.4 allready as i did you will find that you can no longer load DVDx or ohter wads but here is a nice little tute ( [www.wiihacks.com]) so long as you have internet you can downgrade to 2.1E to upgrade without going online insert MARIOKART it allready has the 3.1E system update in its start up i hope this helps everyone looking for a solution
Re: Wii system menu 3.4
January 12, 2009 04:03AM
iofthestorm
Wow, that's really, really lame. Automatic updates are not going to be good at all. Hopefully there's a way to disable them

I think if you go to the User Agreements and click I do not accept, I don't think you would get automatic updates. However, we'll have to wait and see...
Re: Is it possible to downgrade from 3.4U?
January 13, 2009 04:11AM
Arikado
HyperHacker
Arikado
DrLucky
what would a "bad" reason to downgrade be?

Downgrading to be able to once again run illegal backups and wads.
And Starfall.
Whats wrong with Starfall? I have it installed to protect me from disc updates.
I just meant it's another reason to downgrade. Nothing bad about it.
January 14, 2009 06:25AM
Guys just wanted to let everyone know, I bought my wii 2 weeks ago(3.4u, 3.3u out of the box made a mistake and upgraded firmware to 3.4u) and had know idea homebrew existed, until i found it on google, but I was able to get homebrew channell on my wii and dowgrade to 3.2u, have had no problems at all!! Totally sweet!!
Re: Wii system menu 3.4
January 14, 2009 06:33AM
turn off wiiconnect24, been workin for me
January 14, 2009 03:41PM
You know, I've downgraded (3.4 to 3.2) and I've kept my wiiconnect24 on.. since then... and I've been fine... Except for a few morning where i wake up to a blue thing flashin in my face... (turns out there only msgs).. lol...
WHy Downgrade from 3.4u ?
January 18, 2009 12:52PM
Im running 3.4u and im yet to see any issues with any of the homebrew that i have done/installed ?

What am i missing or what am i yet to face ?

Thanks
Re: WHy Downgrade from 3.4u ?
January 18, 2009 01:56PM
Basically, you can no longer use dvdx, starfall, install a cIOS, and no longer install/use illegal content.
January 18, 2009 02:09PM
ok thank.

i actually have my chipped so i dont need the backup loader.

but would i be right in thinking, if i was to mod my brothers console that doesnt have a chip and he is running 3.4, i would have to downgrade before getting a backup loader to work ?

Thanks
January 18, 2009 02:23PM
No asking about backup loaders. No talking about using backup loaders in this forum. Dont be surprised, its all on the main page of the forum. Backup loaders = fail.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2009 09:06PM by Arikado.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login