Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mega Merged System Menu 3.4 thread

Posted by bushing 
Possible to downgrade from 3.4 straight to 3.2?
January 15, 2009 11:33PM
Hi all,

I was curious if it is possible to downgrade from 3.4 directly to 3.2, or if I need to go from 3.4-->3.3-->3.2, by using the AnyRegion changer and the other necessary tools.

Thank you!
Re: Possible to downgrade from 3.4 straight to 3.2?
January 16, 2009 12:33AM
Any Region Changer won't work for ya.. to downgrade.. there are ways of doing it.. just not legally...

there are videos of youtube.. you can search for
January 18, 2009 10:24PM
Yup, it sure is possible but not by using Any Region Changer...
January 18, 2009 11:48PM
As Legend28469 said, I'm pretty sure that there's no way to legally downgrade your Wii. I guess you'll just have to stick with 3.4 until Team Twiizers or someone else makes a magic app that downgrades your Wii.
January 19, 2009 02:21AM
I've downgraded my Wii from 3.4u to 3.2u. It is illegal for you must download cIOS and IOS installers, also a down grader. We are not allowed to tell you how to do it, but is is possible.
January 19, 2009 04:47AM
YankeeFan802
It is illegal for you must download cIOS and IOS installers
Actually, it's illegal because it uses an IOS from a Nintendo Repair Disc that has the fake-signing bug so it allows for the WAD manager to install fake-signed stuff again (cIOS)
January 19, 2009 04:48AM
use wufe to dump the updates on the game then install them using the wad manager then delete the new 3.4 ios's.
I think this is legal if you own the game.
If this is illegal please delete.
ps this method is very dangerous and can brick your wii if something goes wrong.
I dont think you need ios16 or cios to do this. you need cios installed or you need to change wich ios the wad manager runs on.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2009 05:09AM by hackvcs.
January 19, 2009 04:51AM
hackvcs
use wufe to dump the updates on the game then install them using the wad manager then delete the new 3.4 ios's.
ps this method is very dangerous and can brick your wii if something goes wrong.
how would you install old IOS versions? it doesn't let you overwrite a newer version. How would you delete he 3.4 IOS's
Re: Mega Merged System Menu 3.4 thread
January 19, 2009 06:12PM
I did the TP hack while on 3.3e no problems went sweet as, after that while installing amonst others a certain app it took me down to 2.1e,which i was not trying to do.Anyway as its my daughters wii and she could,nt care less about HB or any other kind of console mods, whatever happened i needed it to still play Animal crossing as its her fav game,but when i was at 2.1,the wii would,nt even attempt to play it,so i needed to get it back up to a higher FW so i had no choice but to upgrade via wifi and up it went to 3.4.
I,ve tried the shop, the wifi channels, and everything else and all seems to run fine.I still have HBC and a certain loader and both seem ok.
Thought this might help someone with more idea of what they might choose,but if this was my wii id take it down to 3.2,download whatever update stopper app u can get and install it.
Gotta say though this is like psp deja vou.
(new psp hack only on 1.5)Now its any psp
(new non modchip hack only on 3.2)??? ??? ??? ???

Sony make an update hacker hacks it, nintendo make an update hacker hacks it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2009 06:24PM by skagg.
January 21, 2009 05:12AM
skagg
I did the TP hack while on 3.3e no problems went sweet as, after that while installing amonst others a certain app it took me down to 2.1e,which i was not trying to do.Anyway as its my daughters wii and she could,nt care less about HB or any other kind of console mods, whatever happened i needed it to still play Animal crossing as its her fav game,but when i was at 2.1,the wii would,nt even attempt to play it,so i needed to get it back up to a higher FW so i had no choice but to upgrade via wifi and up it went to 3.4.
I,ve tried the shop, the wifi channels, and everything else and all seems to run fine.I still have HBC and a certain loader and both seem ok.
Thought this might help someone with more idea of what they might choose,but if this was my wii id take it down to 3.2,download whatever update stopper app u can get and install it.
Gotta say though this is like psp deja vou.
(new psp hack only on 1.5)Now its any psp
(new non modchip hack only on 3.2)??? ??? ??? ???

Sony make an update hacker hacks it, nintendo make an update hacker hacks it.
why did you update via wifi animal crossing contains the 3.3 update
January 21, 2009 05:22AM
bg4545
hackvcs
how would you install old IOS versions? it doesn't let you overwrite a newer version. How would you delete he 3.4 IOS's
extract the updates from any game with a 3.1 or higher update install the updates then use use anytitle deleter to delete ios51.
Achtung: You must install every wad extracted from he game.
also again this is very dangerous.
you can update to 3.2 with any region changer.
one more thing deleting ios51 breaks the wii shop store.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2009 05:22AM by hackvcs.
January 21, 2009 05:47AM
hackvcs
extract the updates from any game with a 3.1 or higher update install the updates then use use anytitle deleter to delete ios51.
I thought that AnyTitle Deleter doesn't work on 3.4... Doesn't it need a fake-sign IOS?
It says on the wiki, "Requires an IOS that accepts fake signatures"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2009 05:50AM by bg4545.
January 22, 2009 09:06PM
Just to be clear, if I update a Wii to 3.4U that has not used the Twilight Hack or anything previously, and install using the new Twilight Hack, is there any way to use DVDx, Starfall, Gecko OS or anything like that? I'm thinking about what the best course of action would be for my brother's Wii (I just updated it from 3.0 to 3.2 with Brawl).

Went on the IRC channel for assistance. Much quicker. :p

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2009 09:30PM by jarvolt.
February 15, 2009 06:00PM
Hi guys,

I'm pretty new to the homebrew scene and I was wondering what fw 3.4 offers more than fw 3.3.
I have fw 3.3 installed right now with the hbc, but are there any advantages to upgrade to 3.4?

Thanks in advance,

Apo
February 18, 2009 01:16AM
Did you read the second post in this thread?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login