Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Possible issue "brewing" with HBC/Gecko OS/Codemanager, need advice

Posted by elmoreas 
Possible issue "brewing" with HBC/Gecko OS/Codemanager, need advice
February 23, 2010 07:56PM
Everytime I load a game with Gecko OS, no matter how many cheat codes or how few, or the size of the saved game file; Slowly over time it is taking longer and longer for the black screen to go away (after load game is selected on Gecko OS) and for the game to start. Also I have issues with the Wiimote disconnecting during the loading and having to be turned back on, not resynced but turning on and off. I am wondering if something is slowly going wrong with Gecko OS/HBC and these are just syptoms of an upcoming issue. Anyone ever had this problem and did it continue to get worse or stabilize? What did you do to fix it? Should I be concerned and if so what should I do from here? Thanks for your help in advance. Have a good one all. Later.

Elmoreas

P.S. Oh yeah and every so often after using code manager, when I return to HBC the hand icon is upside down and the x and y axis' movement is reversed. Possibly another symptom?
Re: Possible issue "brewing" with HBC/Gecko OS/Codemanager, need advice
February 23, 2010 11:23PM
elmoreas
P.S. Oh yeah and every so often after using code manager, when I return to HBC the hand icon is upside down and the x and y axis' movement is reversed. Possibly another symptom?
I don't know about your other problems, but this happens to me on occasion. (Even in the Wii menu or games, so there is nothing to worry about.)
Re: Possible issue "brewing" with HBC/Gecko OS/Codemanager, need advice
February 24, 2010 02:49AM
Well glad to hear 1 issue down but out of all of them that one worries me the least. What I am really concerned about is the ever increasing load times for Gecko OS, when the screen is black, it is getting close to 4 minutes now. If anyone even has a guess at the issue it would be appreciated. I am at a total loss and this post has been up a while and not gotten any responses that can explain what is going on, so I will take guesses and opinions at this point.

Just a shot in the dark but does anyone think wiping the SD card and formating it then reloading it with backedup data files will help? I have backups of everything on my SD card from before the issue began. I only hesitate to try because it takes so darn long to format a 16Gb card and reinstall 11Gb of data on a USB 1.0 connection.

or

Wipe HBC and do a clean install? I don't know I am not sure what to do so if anyone even has an idea it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Talk to you all later.

Elmoreas
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login