Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Resetting Wii

Posted by daint 
Resetting Wii
April 04, 2010 11:09PM
Hello all,

I've recently bought a Wii that's been soft modded. Now I know a little about the subject, but not enough to sort out my problem.

I used the Wii to play a couple of Homebrew games last week, but after syncing my wiimotes to a mates Wii, I can't sync them back.

Unfortunately this is only the first of my problems.

When I switch on the Wii with a memory card in, I get an HackMii menu, when I switch on the Wii without a memory card, I get a preloader 0.29 screen. Without the Wiimote, I can just about navigate HackMii (using power and reset buttons) but this only takes me to the Homebrew screen. I can't do anything with the preloader screen

Could someone point me in the right direction to getting my wiimotes to sync, then to remove HackMii and Preloader, or maybe vice versa.

BTW, I'm syncing the Wiimotes correctly, done it a few times before with various Wiis. Been trying for about an hour, both red buttons have been pressed hundreds of times.

Thanks
Daint
Re: Resetting Wii
April 05, 2010 04:29AM
Start the system menu with Bootmii (or the "Hackmii screen" as you call it), or Preloader (using a Gamecube Controller), then sync your remotes
April 05, 2010 10:29AM
Hello,

I've tried that, I've tried syncing the remotes from the HackMii screen, the Preloader and the Homebrew screen, tried all several times, but nothing.

I've been trying two wiimotes and changed batteries, but nothing.

Daint
April 05, 2010 04:55PM
You have to go to the System Menu. I don't think any of those apps will let you sync them.
April 05, 2010 06:53PM
The "Hackmii screen" is called Bootmii. You can't sync a wiimote in any homebrew programs; you must do it in the system menu. You can get to the system menu by selecting the system menu option in Preloader (selecting system menu in Bootmii takes you to Preloader because Preloader takes the place of the system menu). You can navigate Bootmii and Preloader with a gamecube controller.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2010 06:54PM by jbc007.
April 05, 2010 07:11PM
Ok thanks, I'll have to lend a Gamecube controller then.

How about getting rid of BootMii and Preloader, I've been reading about a WAD Manager (which I've spotted in Homebrew), any links on where to go to help me with that one?

Thanks
Daint
April 05, 2010 07:26PM
Bootmii can be removed with the Hackmii Installer, but it is best to keep it since it provides the best possible brick protection. If you don't want Bootmii to appear when you turn on your wii, simply change the autoboot setting in the bootmii.ini file, which is in the bootmii folder, to system menu, and change the boot delay to 0 if it isn't already. This can be done manually or with Bootmii Configuration Editor.

There is also little reason to remove Preloader, but it can be removed with the Priiloader installer or by reinstalling the system menu. If you don't want Preloader to appear when you turn on your wii, change the autoboot and return to settings to system menu. If you need to access Preloader in the future, simply hold reset when turning on your wii.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2010 07:31PM by jbc007.
April 05, 2010 09:18PM
Also, we won't help you with WAD Manager here..
April 05, 2010 09:51PM
Ok, thanks for everyones help.

I've ordered a Gamecube controller, I'll surpress the BootMii menu using the autoboot setting file and leave Preloader on based on your comments jbc007, thanks.

Daint
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login