Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem with IOS 202 update

Posted by noswanson1982 
Problem with IOS 202 update
April 06, 2010 04:59PM
As I had discovered, the emulators that I typically use (FCE Ultra GX, Visual Boy Advance GX, etc) have upgraded to IOS 202.

So, I followed the steps and got IOS 202 installed properly (by adding a Trunca Bug to IOS36).

However, when I try to play my Rom Disks that I had burned (in the proper IOS 9660 format), I keep getting an error message saying : DVD is in an unrecognized format. I had made sure to follow all of the instructions and I got the IOS 202 installed correctly.

I am wondering, what will it take for me to get my rom disks to load in the emulators like they used to? Is this a common problem?

Would deleting DVDx fix the problem (since the new IOS 202 doesn't support the DVDx 3.4 format)?

I'm not sure if this is a cIOS problem or if this is an emulator problem, so I posted it here. I'm wondering if there is something I'm missing.

Thanks in advance,

Nathan
Re: Problem with IOS 202 update
April 06, 2010 09:34PM
1) cIOS = not supported here, iirc 202 is a piracy related cIOS
2) Use the Hackmii installer to install the new DVDx
3) Update to 4.2, imo. It's just nice to be up to date
April 06, 2010 11:46PM
AFAIK IOS202 is kwiirk's USB 2.0 cIOS aka the MPlayer CE cIOS. You're thinking of IOS212 I think cactusjack901.
April 07, 2010 04:02AM
The USB 2.0 cIOS, which is installed to the IOS 202 slot, is supported here. However, Hermes cIOS, which can be installed to several slots including 202, is commonly used for piracy (it also works with MPlayer CE and probably everything else that uses cIOS 202, possibly slightly better than the USB 2.0 cIOS) . I am not aware of any programs that use cIOS 202 for piracy, but of course Hermes cIOS isn't supported here.

Sif Jar
You're thinking of IOS212 I think cactusjack901.

What IOS 212? I am not aware of any cIOS that installs as 212.

Anyway, which cIOS 202 do you have? There are three that I know of, two of which are supported here. If you have a different one, I recomend you try the one here, on the MPlayer CE page.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2010 04:31AM by jbc007.
April 07, 2010 05:03AM
I have the MPlayer CE version of cIOS 202. I don't know if this is of any relevance but when I tried to install the IOS 202, I ran into problems due to the fact that I didn't have a Trucha Bug installed, so I went and got the Trucha Bug Restorer and selected IOS36 and downgraded IOS15 (with .wads I obtained with NUS Downloader). And then I patched the IOS36 with the Trucha Bug and restored IOS15. After doing this, IOS 202 installed without a hitch.

Before installing the IOS 202, I couldn't even get it to load DVD disks without telling me that I needed the IOS 202. Now, it attempts to load the disk, but it tells me that the disk is of a unrecognized format. After I got that error, I went and made a new disk (verifying that it was in the proper ISO 9660 format without the Joliet enabled and with no relax restrictions (Nero)). I also made sure to make it wasn't a multisession DVD. After all of that, it still didn't work.

I already have the most up-to-date version of DVDx installed and the most up-to-date version of HackMii installed.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Nathan S.
April 07, 2010 06:08AM
How old is your Wii?
April 07, 2010 06:11AM
I got my Wii as a Christmas present in 2008.
April 07, 2010 07:33AM
Hrm... I'm just about out of ideas, have you tried updating to 4.2? I don't quite know how it'd help, but it's something I recommend anyway
April 07, 2010 10:01AM
Alas, I'm fully upgraded to 4.2 as well. Thanks anyways. I might try to reinstall the DVDx Installer 3.4 with the PatchMii method since I modified the IOS36 to include the Trucha Bug. Since my DVDx Installer will only work in "Normal Install" and not "Advanced Install" and forces the install to IOS36 (thus creating a -2011 error).

I eventually tried to downgrade my emulators back to the previous version and it would load from the DVDs again, but the controls were all messed up and it kept acting as if I had a button pressed down on the controller when I didn't. So, I am back where I started with that deal. But I'm thinking that there is an issue with the fact that my DVDx is not compatible with the cIOS 202. When I downgraded the emulator, it went back to reading from DVDx and not from cIOS 202 (thus loading from DVD successfully), but as soon as I upgraded again, I ended up with the unsupported format error again.

I guess the ultimate question would be... is there a way to get DVDx to work harmoniously with cIOS 202?

Thanks again
April 07, 2010 03:49PM
Since the latest versions of these emulators do not support DVDx, reinstalling DVDx with an old installer or will not help. Try deleting DVDx and then play a DVD in MPlayer CE. If it works, the cIOS is working properly and the problem is with the emulator. If it doesn't work, the problem is with the cIOS.
April 07, 2010 04:33PM
Very strange. I guess it must be a problem with the CIOS or my code :(
April 09, 2010 10:15AM
I never could get the cIOS 202 to work with the emulators. :( However, I do have a wireless network set up and I've successfully been able to link the Wii to my computer via SMB. I'll just use that for the time being, since it seems to work pretty well with adequate speed. Thanks for the assistance and maybe in the future there might be a fix for it.

Thanks guys,

Nathan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login